Aussie skiing?

Old June 24th 05, 10:01 AM
John Ricketts

Default Aussie skiing?

We just had a visit by some Aussie relatives, and now have a return invite
(maybe next summer?)

They have a farm in Kerang, Victoria and say they are only 2.5 hours away
from their nearest ski resort (which was quite a surprise to me). Their
season starts in June!

They are not skiers themselves so don't know much about it. This sounds like
a good chance to get some summer skiing in next year and see the other side
of the planet.

Anyone know anything about Aussie skiing? and which resorts would be
reasonably close to Kerang??

Thanks,

John Ricketts

Old June 24th 05, 10:27 AM
pete devlin

In message , John
Ricketts writes
We just had a visit by some Aussie relatives, and now have a return invite
(maybe next summer?)

They have a farm in Kerang, Victoria and say they are only 2.5 hours away
from their nearest ski resort (which was quite a surprise to me). Their
season starts in June!

They are not skiers themselves so don't know much about it. This sounds like
a good chance to get some summer skiing in next year and see the other side
of the planet.

Anyone know anything about Aussie skiing? and which resorts would be
reasonably close to Kerang??

Do a google for thredbo and blue cow. You should get all the info you
need off there.
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"
Old June 24th 05, 12:16 PM
pete devlin

In message , John
Ricketts writes
Cheers Pete, that got me in. Not quite the "Alps" as we know them, but
looks worth a shot given the opportunity!

Anyone here been there?

I have a friend who is an instructor there. He used to lurk here but not
heard from him in a while. Here's another link;
http://www.ski.com.au/snowcams/nsw_manual.html

There seems to be some snow at least. Better than Scotland!
Old June 24th 05, 01:12 PM
PG

"pete devlin" wrote in message
| In message , John
| Ricketts writes
| Cheers Pete, that got me in. Not quite the "Alps" as we know them,
but
| looks worth a shot given the opportunity!
|
| Anyone here been there?
|
| I have a friend who is an instructor there. He used to lurk here but
not
| heard from him in a while. Here's another link;
| http://www.ski.com.au/snowcams/nsw_manual.html
|
| There seems to be some snow at least. Better than Scotland!

Don't know what is like most seasons as early as June. Daughter was in
NZ last year June 30th, only just enough snow to ski, mainly the
artificial stuff as well. Think it was pretty much the same in the likes
of Thredbo last year? Suppose mid-June's like mid-December eg in the
French Alps - always a bit of a chance booking up in a resort that early
in the season, even at altitude...

Pete
www.mysnowsports.com

Old June 24th 05, 01:52 PM
John Ricketts

Thanks. I completely missed the boat in Scotland this year! Managed to catch
the last days' slush-skiing at Coir Cass in about 20 degrees C! At least
you're on the doorstep to catch it when its good....its a 7 hour drag from
here.

If we do manage to get out to Oz it would be school holiday time, and we'd
probably try to go for 4 weeks (If I can wangle it at work) so could pick
the best time to scoot up from Karang for a few days or weekends skiing.
Probably best not to impose on the relatives for 4 weeks solid! Downside is
we'd probably have to fore-go the winter skiing in Europe to save up enough
dosh (that would be a tough one).

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM