"One Way" Brand Poles?

Old October 25th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default "One Way" Brand Poles?

Anyone have experience with these? I saw them at Hoigaards in
Minnesota, but I'd never heard of them.

http://www.onewaysport.com/

Old October 25th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I heard the company was started by a Finnish women's team member. If
you look at the videos lots of Finnish WC racers and others are using
them. Heard the straps are excellent. So many models makes me wonder
about their business plan.

Old October 25th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

It looks like they're sold in the USA though Alpina.
www.alpinasports.com. I can't find technical data on these anywhere.
Weight, stiffness, strength, etc.

Old October 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

What I'm looking for is a very stiff, and very strong pole. I'm
willing to give up some weight to find that. Those mass starts scare
the heck out of me when it come to pole breakage. Right now I have the
Swix Team pole from a few years ago. I can't find much data on other
poles proving they're stronger or stiffer than the Swix Team. The only
other data I can find is from Infinity. It looks like their Sprint
pole is stronger, but heavier and no more stiff.

It would be cool if there were industry standard tests for these sort
of things.

Old October 25th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 25 Oct 2006 11:59:58 -0700, " wrote:

Anyone have experience with these? I saw them at Hoigaards in
Minnesota, but I'd never heard of them.

http://www.onewaysport.com/

Wow. Amazingly bad, expensive looking website.

--
JT
****************************
Old October 25th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Unless Swix's been dieting, at least two of the Infinity poles
are lighter - and as stiff or stiffer. Here's what Infinity claims:
http://www.zre.com/infinityskipoles/datagraphs.html. I find the
Extremes a good compromise. Sometimes I wish they had more
flex, then think about it and dig deeper. Infinity fake cork grips are
better but nods to Swix's Pro Strap.

Old October 26th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

^ That's what I was thinking. It looks more like they'd be selling
fashion sunglasses or shoes instead of ski poles. I dug around on that
site and couldn't find one bit of technical data on anything.

Old October 26th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Peter H.

This came up (along with some assinine 'music') when I had a look:
Peter

BIATHLON STAR RAPHAEL POIREE IS USING FROM THIS SUMMER THE NEW RACING
POLE DIAMOND STORM WITH LESS THAN 54 G PER METER.

Old October 26th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 25 Oct 2006 11:59:58 -0700, " wrote:

Anyone have experience with these? I saw them at Hoigaards in
Minnesota, but I'd never heard of them.

http://www.onewaysport.com/

Wow. Amazingly bad, expensive looking website.

It seems a lot like a parody!!! "In style we trust", "We create fashion
for sport", girly models holding ski poles, but some of the web efects
are neat looking (even if hard to actually use!)
gr