MarciaLonga05

Old February 3rd 06, 02:40 PM

Default MarciaLonga05

This race was made available as a .torrent on the Denness Tracker on 31 January 2006 just after the 2006 race so I just presumed that it was the 06race and not the 05race shown in the title.

There is a technical problem, nobody has been able to 'seed' the .torrent and so nobody has been able to download it.

Could it be that this is really the 2005 race, perhaps something has time expired and so we have a problem?

Just as an aside, some of the 06 Italian finishers were said to be employed by the Financial Police.
Who are they, it sounds city based fraud control jobs in which case they wont get much time off for race training etc. Unlike in the old days when people were employed as Border Guards which left them with plenty of free time in the countryside for training.

Old February 4th 06, 04:16 PM

This is a message I got from that nice Mr Denness himself

Well, it'd be diffucult to seed if no one has a complete copy of the
torrent... To seed you must have the exact copy that the uploader loaded.
There is no technical reason why that torrent should be unseedable. There
are hundreds of other torrents working correctly, so there's not a lot I can
say really. Sorry about that.

Since nobody has come forward to say they uploaded it and have kept the original I suggest we should stop trying to download and forget about it.
Mike

Old February 6th 06, 04:15 PM

"dardruba" wrote in message
This is a message I got from that nice Mr Denness himself

Well, it'd be diffucult to seed if no one has a complete copy of the
torrent... To seed you must have the exact copy that the uploader loaded.
There is no technical reason why that torrent should be unseedable. There
are hundreds of other torrents working correctly, so there's not a lot I

can
say really. Sorry about that.

Since nobody has come forward to say they uploaded it and have kept the

original I suggest we should stop trying to download and forget about it.
Mike

my bad. I haven't had the time to try Janne's suggestions to make Azuers
seed it. I *did* come forward in a different thead "torrents
questions/observations" to say that I hadn't figured out how to be the
*first* seed. Just leave it in your list to download - if I succede, you'll
get it; if not, then I'm sorry in advance.

Bob

Old February 9th 06, 08:32 AM

dardruba wrote:

Just as an aside, some of the 06 Italian finishers were said to be
employed by the Financial Police.
Who are they, it sounds city based fraud control jobs in which case they
wont get much time off for race training etc. Unlike in the old days
when people were employed as Border Guards which left them with plenty
of free time in the countryside for training.

well, many italian skiers belong to military gorups, and "fiamme gialle"
("yellow flames", which is a branch of financial police) is one of the
biggest, both for winter and summer sports as well.
Athletes have lots of time to train, I don't know exactly how much, but
considering they are some of the top class I would say that's their
primary job.
You were asking about names: some well known are Christian Zorzi,
Valerio Checchi, Roland Clara, Bruno Debertolis, Biagio Di Santo, Thomas
Moriggl, Christian Saracco.
Some athletes belong to "fiamme oro" ("golden flames", which is the
sport subsection of italian police) while many others to the "corpo
forestale" which is the mountain/forest police, or to the "carabinieri"
(military police).
Just a minor fraction of italian athletes do not belong to military
groups, except of course those active in "big" sports.

--
beorn
"You've got to learn to crawl