Good NNN touring boots? Alpina?...Rossi?...Naw

Old February 6th 06, 09:09 PM

Default Good NNN touring boots? Alpina?...Rossi?...Naw

I'm still on the warpath for a good NNN touring boot.

Nice good strong boot that holds your foot and offers more
support/coverage than a race boot.

I've tried the Alpina TR50 and the Rossi X3 and both seem to not be
very good.

My pal's shop had the X3 and they seemed to fit OK so I got em and
tried em. Very sloppy foot control.

Darn, maybe I'll have to go with that red Alpina race boot after all.
$179? C'mon. Besides, I'll look like Dorothy...

It makes me feel like seeing if I can alter the X3's to make em work
better---maybe resewing the eyelets in better locations. Also, one of
the zips on them is semi-busted already. Sheesh.

--JP