Olympic broadcasts

Old February 15th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Olympic broadcasts

Anyone found a good website yet for live Olympic nordic ski broadcasts?
NBC doesn't count.

Gene
Old February 15th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Found one: http://www.atdhe.net/7407/watch-xxi-winter-olympics

Old February 16th 10, 04:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Edgar[_2_]

wrote:
Anyone found a good website yet for live Olympic nordic ski
broadcasts? NBC doesn't count.

Gene- Hide quoted text -

The link appears to be blocked.

That said, I caught part of 15K Freestyle race just as Colanga entered
the finish lanes on US NBC network broadcast. The even held of on
commercials until the first 30 finished. What happened to Peter and
the Norwegians and Kris and the Americans?

Edgar
Old February 16th 10, 08:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Edgar wrote:
That said, I caught part of 15K Freestyle race just as Colanga entered
the finish lanes on US NBC network broadcast. The even held of on
commercials until the first 30 finished. What happened to Peter and
the Norwegians and Kris and the Americans?

"Petter and the Norwegians" just had the worst Olympic xc race in
Norwegian history. :-(

Now we're all reduced to hoping it was a (fixable) ski waxing/tuning
mistake. :-(

That said, we had one very happy Norwegian yesterday: Fredrik Aukland is
Dario's coach.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old February 16th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Edgar[_2_]

wrote:
Anyone found a good website yet for live Olympic nordic ski
broadcasts? NBC doesn't count.

Gene- Hide quoted text -

The link appears to be blocked.

That said, I caught part of 15K Freestyle race just as Colanga entered
the finish lanes on US NBC network broadcast. *The even held of on
commercials until the first 30 finished. *What happened to Peter and
the Norwegians and Kris and the Americans?

Edgar

Kris's report: http://blogs.fasterskier.com/krisfre...02/15/stunned/

Sounds like Kris just had a bad day.

It also sounds like high ranked skiers, like Petter, back off and save
themselves for the next race when it looks like a top ten finish is
not in sight. Probably not a bad decision to back off and recover
faster for the next race.

Edgar

PS If only my best day was as bad as Kris or Petter's worst race.
Old February 17th 10, 07:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Anders

On Feb 16, 10:45*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

"Petter and the Norwegians" just had the worst Olympic xc race in
Norwegian history. :-(

The headlines in Sweden we "Charlotte won Olympic gold" and (after
Hellner didn't) "The worst Swede better than the best Norwegian":-)

Now we're all reduced to hoping it was a (fixable) ski waxing/tuning
mistake. :-(

Skiers who are uncertain about their form tend to make poor ski
choices. A skier who is "overprimed and overready" is likely to
"underperform".

I think you can relax: it was the sole race where the Norwegians were
realistically expected to have a rather humdrum result - and it was
the best day to have the bad day that will almost inevitably strike
all teams at some point during a big event.

Anders
Old February 17th 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Anders wrote:
I think you can relax: it was the sole race where the Norwegians were
realistically expected to have a rather humdrum result - and it was
the best day to have the bad day that will almost inevitably strike
all teams at some point during a big event.

I hope you're right.

Yesterday NRK's commentators had pretty much taken the biathlon gold to
Emil HS as a given, but then we had a day where Tora Berger skied close
to the race of her life, starting from 33rd place to finish as #4 (which
became #5 due to the starters having totally messed up the start
procedure for a Swedish skier, letting her finally go about 15 seconds
too late.

Then to add insult to injury, and after replacing the starter who messed
up, they did the same thing in the mens race, only this time they let a
couple of skiers out too early!

Bjørndalen made a great attempt, he was well into the medal contention
on the 3rd shoot, but then his far-too-hard skiing caught up to him,
leading to missed standing shots. :-(

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old February 17th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Edgar[_2_]

wrote:

"Petter and the Norwegians" just had the worst Olympic xc race in
Norwegian history. :-(

The headlines in Sweden we "Charlotte won Olympic gold" and (after
Hellner didn't) "The worst Swede better than the best Norwegian":-)

Now we're all reduced to hoping it was a (fixable) ski waxing/tuning
mistake. :-(

Skiers who are uncertain about their form tend to make poor ski
choices. A *skier who is "overprimed and overready" is likely to
"underperform".

*I think you can relax: it was the sole race where the Norwegians were
realistically expected to have a rather humdrum result - and it was
the best day to have the bad day that will almost inevitably strike
all teams at some point during a big event.

Anders

Re Kris Freeman's poor ski choice. The recent report is that the ski
service sent Kris out with the "wrong" skis and he didn't have enought
time to test them himself.
http://fasterskier.com/2010/02/skis-...-in-xc-opener/

Re the Norge skis. Also sounds like a ski service miss.
http://skitrax.com/7653

We have an interesting sport where the best athletes are dependending
on others to make the equipment decisions.

Edgar
Old February 17th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:47:15 -0800 (PST)
Edgar wrote:

Re Kris Freeman's poor ski choice. The recent report is that the ski
service sent Kris out with the "wrong" skis and he didn't have enought
time to test them himself.
http://fasterskier.com/2010/02/skis-...-in-xc-opener/

Re the Norge skis. Also sounds like a ski service miss.
http://skitrax.com/7653

We have an interesting sport where the best athletes are dependending
on others to make the equipment decisions.

Comments on fasterskier are something else. Things like no time
to test one's own skis happen and the skier has to depend on others.
A hole in planning on the tech side. Puts in perspective the skis
I've received that the shop said should be perfect, but didn't work
for me.

Gene
Old February 18th 10, 12:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

So, back to topic: anyone know a good broadcast? Link? For XC?

Wold cup XC skiing live broadcasts [email protected] Nordic Skiing 2 November 27th 06 06:13 PM
Last Olympic Races tassava Nordic Skiing 5 February 27th 06 03:50 AM
Olympic Predictions Anyone? Chuck Alpine Skiing 45 February 18th 06 05:17 PM
Olympic Results DMK Nordic Skiing 2 February 14th 06 06:05 PM
Live Broadcasts from US Nationals Nathan Schultz Nordic Skiing 2 January 5th 06 05:14 PM