Cap vs. non-Cap board construction ?

Old October 25th 03, 05:35 AM
Sean Martin

Default Cap vs. non-Cap board construction ?

Hmm... more Neversummer vs Donek questions. Would you say that
Neversummer's line up is more freestyle oriented?

For instance how you compare your Donek Incline vs NS Premier in terms
of the intended riding style (like what type of riding intended the
board is designed for).

To tell you the truth, I know nothing about their individual models. This
comes down to sidecut radius, flex pattern and how directional the board is.
I haven't flexed one of their boards in a long time and I don't know
anything about it's shape. Sorry.

--
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

http://www.donek.com/
phone:877-53-DONEK

Old October 25th 03, 10:07 PM
Arvin Chang

"Sean Martin" wrote in message et...
Hmm... more Neversummer vs Donek questions. Would you say that
Neversummer's line up is more freestyle oriented?

For instance how you compare your Donek Incline vs NS Premier in terms
of the intended riding style (like what type of riding intended the
board is designed for).

To tell you the truth, I know nothing about their individual models. This
comes down to sidecut radius, flex pattern and how directional the board is.
I haven't flexed one of their boards in a long time and I don't know
anything about it's shape. Sorry.

I totally understand. What about their general design emphasis. Like
Neversummer seems to place a great emphasis on board durability, but
their boards are mentioned as being a little heavy overall. Would you
be able to compare that to the design aims of your boards. I've read
everything on your website already - just wondering if you had
anything to add on top of that.
Old October 26th 03, 12:51 AM
Mike T

I've read
everything on your website already - just wondering if you had
anything to add on top of that.

Arvin, it sounds to me like you've learned all you're going to learn
without actually trying the boards out for yourself!

-Mike T

Old October 26th 03, 04:08 AM
Arvin Chang

Yea, I just don't know if I should be buying another snowboard
already. I mean at the start of last season I had 2 snowboards... a
new and an old. Right now I have four - a park/pipe board, a freeride
board (aka new), an alpine board and a rock board (aka old). Two of
which I haven't ridden more than 2 days. Plus I have a feeling I'm not
going to be getting the ~30 days a season I normally get - so who
knows.

I'm trying to sell my old Salomon 154, but am having trouble finding a
buyer. I've actually put my new Salomon on the market to see if I can
sell that instead and get the Incline. But it's gets harder and harder
to justify all these off-season equipment changes. For me to get the
Incline, I would really like to know if it's going to definitely be
better than my Salomon Definition - whose main problem is its
heaviness and its slow response, making it not the best powder board.

--arvin

Old October 26th 03, 02:49 PM
Sean Martin

Arvin,

I would say our boards are of average weight. Most people comment on them
being light. I have had a few say they are heavy. Weight has never been
something we're terribly concerned with. Durability and performance are
always the driving forces behind design. We did wind up adding a couple of
ounces to them this season in making the topsheet more durable. I think the
NS has a bit more fiberglass than ours do which might contribute to the
weight, but I can't be certain as Tim (owner of NS) and I normally discuss
manufacturing issues as apposed to board design issues. I know they've
moved to a PBT topsheet which is a bit heavier than our solution, but they
may have made some changes inside the board to compensate for that. You
might be better off talking directly with NS and trying to find an average
weight for the board you want. If you let me know which board you're
looking at from us, I'd be happy to weigh one for you.

Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

http://www.donek.com/
phone:877-53-DONEK

om...

"Mike T" wrote in message

I've read
everything on your website already - just wondering if you had
anything to add on top of that.

Arvin, it sounds to me like you've learned all you're going to learn
without actually trying the boards out for yourself!

-Mike T

Fakie board recommendation Skitzo Snowboarding 9 May 13th 04 11:03 PM
Board sizing... Brett Snowboarding 1 October 19th 03 11:07 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM
Not another board length question Serena Snowboarding 5 October 2nd 03 06:04 AM
weight of board on life hurts knee Baretta Snowboarding 1 August 21st 03 11:54 PM