Hot Box temp?

Old February 4th 05, 10:39 PM
Pete

Default Hot Box temp?

When I started into this business two seasons ago, I went with waxless
skis - wanted to keep things simple. Well, a week ago I bought my first
pair of wax needy skate skis. Not nearly as involved as I thought -
though the potential for craziness is there (I compete also in the
shooting sports; I thought that shooters were compulsive but XC skiers
are a whole 'nother breed).
In any case, I have a question. Having read two booklets (Swix and Nat
Brown)and a couple of downloads(Waxing 101,etc.) and a bunch of posts,I
derive three basics: keep the iron moving, don't let it smoke and you
can't wax too much. In reference to the third, I've read that hot
boxing is kind and gentle and very effective. I thought that I'd wack
together a hot box when it occurred to me that I have a sauna in the
basement.
Hmmmm. How hot does hot box have to be and how long does one leave the
skis in it?
Pete

Old February 6th 05, 01:10 AM
Jim Kelley

Check out Zach Caldwell's Engineered Tuning website
www.engineeredtuning.com Scroll down to his hot box link for a
discussion of temps.

Old February 6th 05, 02:35 AM
Pete

Jim: Thanks for the link. It was exactly what I wanted to know. Basic
saturation = 120 min. @ 55 deg. C. The sauna can do that, no problem.
Thanks again, Pete.