New all around board

Old February 19th 04, 07:34 AM
@lex

Default New all around board

Hey,

I have been snowboarding for 6 or 7 seasons, up to 20 days per season. I am
currently owning a 160 board from 'big air', an obscure small french brand,
and I feel it is time for a change. I am looking for an all around board, I
am doing like 50% slopes, 40% back country and 10% parks. I am 5'11 and 165
pounds, and am considering the following boards:
- Burton Custom 162
- Dynastar Cham 164
- Nidecker Platinium 163
- Head Mirage 162

Can anyone help me making my choice?

Oh, and I forgot to say that I'd like to keep my flow binding/boots set up.

Thanks!

@lex

Old February 19th 04, 01:37 PM
og

All good boards..

I have a Head with the Freeflex binding system and I like it a lot.. It's
my board of choice right now and I have 10.. I'm interested in the Dynastar
boards as they make some of the better skis.

I really like Volkl boards too so maybe check those out.

Old February 19th 04, 01:58 PM
@lex

"og" a écrit
All good boards..

Yeah but I have to choose one...
:-)

I have a Head with the Freeflex binding
system and I like it a lot.. It's
my board of choice right now and I
have 10.. I'm interested in the Dynastar
boards as they make some of the better skis.

I have not tried any Dynastar yet but I have heard only good things about
them. I know it is not 'trendy' in the snowboarding world to go for them but
as you said they make very good skis and their snowboards are somewhat
cheaper than competition.

I really like Volkl boards too so maybe check those out.

I will, any model in particular?

@lex

Old February 19th 04, 02:35 PM
og

For the Volkl's it depends on how stiff you want.. The Aircores and
Sandwich contructed boards are stiffer than
the woodcore cap constructed boards. Can't go wrong with a Sensor wood core
for all-around riding. If you want a high performance board maybe the Coal.

My only concern with the Dynastar boards is weight. European constructed
boards sometimes tend to be heavier. If the weight is right the Dynastars
look cool.

"@lex" wrote in message

"og" a écrit
All good boards..

Yeah but I have to choose one...
:-)

Old February 19th 04, 02:37 PM
copek

just got a burton custom 162. love it. rode a timeless 161 last year and
this seems a bit more versatile and pretty much as good in the high speed
carves.

my friends tried it and all were impressed at how you could just get on it
and ride it straight off. felt instantly at home on it.

good at speed, light, v nice & quick edge to edge.

however, had a lesson and the instructor was on the same board! he didn't
really like it but had to ride it to teach (shop was burton dealer) - said
it was far too soft for him. then again his favourite board was a 175 Nitro
something - super stiff all mountain backcountry board and he'd lived in val
d'isere for the last 8 years, so horse for courses as they say.

Old February 20th 04, 06:39 AM
@lex

"corbeau" a écrit
Get yer ass back on Alt.Surfing where you belong!

Well, things are a little slow there these days, don't you think?

All you need is an
8' semigun to charge some of those
monsters in Brittany that you keep
teasing us with.

;-)

@lex

Old February 26th 04, 05:34 AM
Rider Josh

pete wrote in message news:gNr_b.381756$xy6.2075521@attbi_s02...
for versatile boards, you might want to add Salomon's Forecast and
Definition to your demo list.

@lex wrote:
Hey,

I have been snowboarding for 6 or 7 seasons, up to 20 days per season. I am
currently owning a 160 board from 'big air', an obscure small french brand,
and I feel it is time for a change. I am looking for an all around board, I
am doing like 50% slopes, 40% back country and 10% parks. I am 5'11 and 165
pounds, and am considering the following boards:
- Burton Custom 162
- Dynastar Cham 164
- Nidecker Platinium 163
- Head Mirage 162

Here goes

DYNASTAR TROUBLEMAKER 162

the board is the bomb. I am riding the team fs (same board different
name) for this season and the previous two. Tons of stiffness and pop
but still responsive and forgiving.