Salomon boots?

Old December 3rd 04, 01:41 AM
toddjb

Default Salomon boots?

I'm thinking of buying Salomon Dialogue boots.

Anyone have any feedback pro/con on them?

I had 32 boots last year and wasn't happy with them.
Fit great in the store, but weren't too durable and I had fit issues
all year. F*ckin' light, though!

Thanks, -todd
Old December 3rd 04, 07:27 AM
Arvin Chang

(toddjb) wrote in message . com...
I'm thinking of buying Salomon Dialogue boots.

Anyone have any feedback pro/con on them?

I had 32 boots last year and wasn't happy with them.
Fit great in the store, but weren't too durable and I had fit issues
all year. F*ckin' light, though!

Thanks, -todd

LOL, I just got a pair of ThirtyTwo Forecasts (did you get one of the
cheaper soft models like the Prion or Lashed?) ... after going through
two pairs of Dialogues and one pair of Synapse. The problem I had with
the Salomons is that the liners pack out extremely quickly (6-7 days)
then they pack out almost a fullsize (compared to the half size more
liners pack out after ~15 days)

I have small, narrow flat feet with skinny ankles AND calfs. Part of
my problem was that I could only get size 8 (perhaps if I got size
7-7.5 it would have been better), and between 2001-2003, Salomon
increased the toebox size and last a little bit. With the 2001-2002 I
was just getting a tiny bit of shin bang as the padding on the top of
the cuff woreout and I broke a lace eyelet, so the store gave me a
2002-03 model in exchange. However, the design was different - that
model and the Synapse 2003-2004 models became painful within a week of
riding as I was unable to sufficiently tighten the boots to lock down
my ankle (or if I did, it would crush my instep and arches). I was
lucky that I got them at REI and was able to exchange/return them.

I really like the initial fit of the Salomons (the 2001 orange/black
Dialogues were GREAT)... but the recent model no longer fit my feet
well. That's not to say they won't fit anyone, my friend is 6'ish with
size 10 feet and he still rides and likes his 2001 Dialogues. There
are also several other people here on RSS that really like them. I am
cautiously optimistic about the Thirtytwo Forecasts... we'll see how
they hold up.

--Arvin
Old December 3rd 04, 04:09 PM
Jason Medeiros

The problem I had with
the Salomons is that the liners pack out extremely quickly (6-7 days)
then they pack out almost a fullsize (compared to the half size more
liners pack out after ~15 days)

i had the same experience w the synapse.

--

jmed

Old December 3rd 04, 06:02 PM
Dmitry

"Jason Medeiros" wrote

The problem I had with
the Salomons is that the liners pack out extremely quickly (6-7 days)
then they pack out almost a fullsize (compared to the half size more
liners pack out after ~15 days)

i had the same experience w the synapse.

Same here, was fixed with footbeds and heat moldable liners for more than
$200 on top of the price of boots. I paid less for my Tm-Ones that fit well
and don't seem to pack out at all.

Old December 3rd 04, 06:10 PM
Mike T

2002-03 model in exchange. However, the design was different - that
model and the Synapse 2003-2004 models became painful within a week of
riding as I was unable to sufficiently tighten the boots to lock down
my ankle (or if I did, it would crush my instep and arches). I was
lucky that I got them at REI and was able to exchange/return them.

Wow, now I am really glad I stashed away an extra pair of 01/02
Malamutes!!!! My 1st pair lasted me 3 seasons, which is a personal record
for me w/ soft boots.

Mike T

Old December 3rd 04, 08:09 PM
Jason Medeiros

Wow, now I am really glad I stashed away an extra pair of 01/02
Malamutes!!!! My 1st pair lasted me 3 seasons, which is a personal record
for me w/ soft boots.

Mike T

yeah i think i'll be on the 1-2yr plan w soft boots from this point forward.
the packing out of the liner and subsequent lack of support really cashed
the boot in.

--

jmed

Old December 5th 04, 05:42 AM
bri719

toddjb wrote:

...ended up shelling out the cash for a pair of Burton Ions.
I have never had a boot feel that good right out of the box. If they feel
only half this good halfway through the season it'll still be the most
comfortably boot I've every bought. Wow.

yeah, pretty good choice. just wait until you break them in my new
Burtons are most comfortable after about 3-4 rides this season. I
definitely expect to get at least 2 seasons out of them and assume
changing from a regular strap to a toe cap will make them even more cozy.

have fun
bri