K2 Cinch Binding

Old November 17th 04, 02:12 PM
Saim Kim

Default K2 Cinch Binding

Hey,

does anybody know the new K2 Binding called "Cinch"? It combines the
dropable Highback (like Flows) with a normal Ratched Straps! Is this the end
of the philosophic "war" between straps and flows? It costs about 229 Euro
(About $200 from the K2 website))

So if there is anybody with first hand experience with this binding, let me
know!

Later,
Saim

--

-----------------------
Definition des Begriffes Verwendung des europäischen Patentamtes:

Old November 18th 04, 05:02 PM
Arvin Chang

"Saim Kim" wrote in message ...
True about the website! I checked to find all ansers BUT, nope can`t do!
Well, I found a German website with a nice Videoclip from this years Winter
ISPO in Munich (Sports fair). You can check it he
http://www.snowboardmagazin.de/bilde...O/K2/video.mpg Besides
here are some good pictures (you have to scroll down, though):
http://www.snowboardmagazin.de/threa...ser=0&pag e=1

Now tell me, what you think about it now. I`m about to get me some of these!

Later,
Saim

Hmm... the ankle strap is held down by the tension of the cable. Well
hopefully that cable is strong and doesn't stretch at all - but it
mainly looks like a modified variant of the Flow bindings... with
normal straps, and the straps tilt up for easier entry. You are still
in danger of catching you heel on the highback as it flips up. And I'm
still a little concerned about how the firm ankle strap and highbacks
are during toes and heelside turns, but that's just me. I think for
most people this will me a very cool thing to check out. If you get
them, let us know!

For people in the States, REI has them, so if you are worried about
them sucking, just get them at REI and if they do suck or fall apart,
you can return them for a full refunds. You pay a little more with
REI, but sometimes that extra bit of service if worth paying full
price over 30-40% off.
Old November 19th 04, 04:25 PM
bri719

Arvin Chang wrote:

For people in the States, REI has them, so if you are worried about
them sucking, just get them at REI and if they do suck or fall apart,
you can return them for a full refunds. You pay a little more with
REI, but sometimes that extra bit of service if worth paying full
price over 30-40% off.

FYI (semi off topic), REI has a good sale this weekend....they claim
30-40% off a lot of winter stuff. probably not including any boards or
bindings which is why I say "OT" but if you're looking for softgoods and
accessories could be a good place to check out.

bri
--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email