Softgear reviews?

Old January 17th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
nicotine

Default Softgear reviews?

I'm in the market for a new jacket, and have been eyeballing the
Audex-accessorized Burton jackets, as I am a technophile junky.

However, after several Gewgle searches, I am not able to find a good
source of information on softgear - does anyone know of a site that
either does a lot of reviews, or collates a large number of reviews on
various softgear products?

Further, does anyone know of a good-sized ski/board shop in the Midwest
(Iowa specifically) that would stock a large selection of coats? I
would prefer to try on a jacket prior to purchasing it.

Old January 17th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Jeffry

nicotine wrote:
I'm in the market for a new jacket, and have been eyeballing the
Audex-accessorized Burton jackets, as I am a technophile junky.

I love listening to music while I board too, and just use a Shuffle
with volume control on the headphone line which works pretty well. One
friend got a Burton with Audex late last year, and he seems to like it;
sorry I don't have more specifics.

Further, does anyone know of a good-sized ski/board shop in the Midwest
(Iowa specifically) that would stock a large selection of coats? I
would prefer to try on a jacket prior to purchasing it.

In Iowa City Shields has a pretty good overall selection for ski/board
outerwear, and Fin and Feather has smaller yet higher quality (but no
Burton/boarder-specific as I can recall) selection of mountaineering
clothing. I moved from IC to Seattle 20 years ago, and get back from
time to time.