The longest on-topic thread in recent history - What it takes

Old April 22nd 04, 05:58 PM
Alpine Instructor

Default The longest on-topic thread in recent history - What it takes

Fundamental motivations: An intellegent newbie female skier shows up
and the longest on-topic thread in recent history on RSA results. I'm
sure it didn't hurt Lisa's popularity that she is also into
photography, since lots of outdoors guys/geeks are into that as well.

Just from who posted what in this thread, I'm going to hazard a guess
that Kurt and Eagle are both single and lookin'.

I know about Lal, Bev and myself, but on the basis of number of posts
and content, I'm going to guess that Foot and Astro are also either
happily married or members of the over-the-hill crowd, or both.

The big surprise is where is Jim Strohm!!!!

Letsee ... did I leave out anyone (or two) obvious folks? :evil:

Old April 22nd 04, 06:25 PM
lal_truckee

Alpine Instructor wrote:

An intellegent newbie female skier shows up

Presumed female - where's Horvath with the tank top / shorts request?
And it'd be on topic for once, cause it's Spring Skiing out there and
lots of tank tops and/or shorts are showing up; I for one broke out the
flowery short sleeve prints in March this year, only to be sandbagged by
the wonderfully foul weather of the last couple of weeks - gawd, it was
nice to be cold again.
Old April 22nd 04, 06:29 PM
Lisa Horton

lal_truckee wrote:

Alpine Instructor wrote:

An intellegent newbie female skier shows up

Presumed female - where's Horvath with the tank top / shorts request?
And it'd be on topic for once, cause it's Spring Skiing out there and
lots of tank tops and/or shorts are showing up; I for one broke out the
flowery short sleeve prints in March this year, only to be sandbagged by
the wonderfully foul weather of the last couple of weeks - gawd, it was
nice to be cold again.

Presumed? Ah, I guess it is Usenet, after all I'm a little old for
tank tops, and the shorts come out once the temp hits 80. Under 50, I
bundle up.

At any rate, I should probably mention that I am most emphatically not
single, although my other half has less than zero interest in skiing

Lisa
Old April 22nd 04, 06:35 PM
Alpine Instructor

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:29:58 -0700, Lisa Horton
wrote:

I'm a little old for tank tops and ...
At any rate, I should probably mention that I am most emphatically not
single...

My theory: Watch the response rate in the main thread take a nose
dive.

:evil:

Old April 22nd 04, 06:41 PM
Lisa Horton

wrote:

I'm a little old for tank tops and ...
At any rate, I should probably mention that I am most emphatically not
single...

My theory: Watch the response rate in the main thread take a nose
dive.

:evil:

LOL! I never said I was single!

Lisa
Old April 22nd 04, 06:48 PM
Ahi

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

LOL! I never said I was single!

Lisa

And the SO was mentioned a long time ago. Besides, everyone should know by
now, this may be the place to meet skiing/drinking buddies, but dating?
Good luck.

snoig

Old April 22nd 04, 06:50 PM
Alpine Instructor

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:41:46 -0700, Lisa Horton
wrote:

LOL! I never said I was single!

Until proven wrong, all young male skier will assume otherwise.
:grin:

Old April 22nd 04, 07:12 PM
lal_truckee

Lisa Horton wrote:

At any rate, I should probably mention that I am most emphatically not
single, although my other half has less than zero interest in skiing

Oops - that'll make it tougher; no wonder you're having trouble getting
back up. Does he like snowshoeing? Snow camping? Astronomy?

I took the current (and only ever) missus on a skiing holiday first
date, to check her true potential as a significant other. Since she had
never skied before, and since she skied two days in miserable wet
snowfall and LIKED IT, I figured she was a Possible.
Old April 22nd 04, 07:16 PM
klaus

wrote:

LOL! I never said I was single!

Until proven wrong, all young male skier will assume otherwise.

And sometimes long after that.

-klaus

Old April 22nd 04, 07:18 PM
klaus

lal_truckee wrote:
At any rate, I should probably mention that I am most emphatically not
single, although my other half has less than zero interest in skiing

Oops - that'll make it tougher; no wonder you're having trouble getting
back up. Does he like snowshoeing? Snow camping? Astronomy?

cough.. The gender is still indeterminate for both the OP and the
SO. Welcome to USENET.

Just trying to help.

-klaus