Earthquake!

Old June 16th 04, 05:08 AM
The Real Bev

Default Earthquake!

tm wrote:

The boss and i use the stairs as a smoking room. Undoubtedly against
some rule, but no one has complained. Far easier to hide in a
stairwell than to go all the way down and huddle in the rain with the
other losers.

When I worked there smoking was OK. People who didn't like it were
SOL. I quit smoking when cigs hit $1 a pack. I have lots of sympathy
for heroin addicts.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 16th 04, 07:22 AM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
tm wrote:

The boss and i use the stairs as a smoking room. Undoubtedly against
some rule, but no one has complained. Far easier to hide in a
stairwell than to go all the way down and huddle in the rain with the
other losers.

When I worked there smoking was OK. People who didn't like it were
SOL. I quit smoking when cigs hit $1 a pack. I have lots of sympathy
for heroin addicts.

The last smoker where I worked was a woman engineering assembler nearing
retirement. I guess she and HR agreed that it would be pointless to give
her any **** since she was so close to retirement. When she left, she sold
me her entire toolkit for $25. I still have the toolbox in my garage, with
the hand-painted "No you cannot borrow my tools" on the top.

Old June 16th 04, 10:41 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:26:17 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

My boss gimmicked the door on our floor so he could take the stairs
rather than the elevator. I did enough other walking that I didn't feel
guilty. The stairs were intended only for building evacuation; once
inside you were supposed to go to the bottom and get the hell out of the
building. It also theoretically prevented undesirables from sneaking up
the stairs for nefarious purposes, although it's hard to see why they
wouldn't walk in through the front door and use the elevator just like
normal people.

I never understood why you wouldn't just lock the ground floor
stairway door, if you didn't want anyone sneaking up the stairs. If
they get to the next floor, they've already snuck in.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old June 16th 04, 10:43 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:47:25 +0900, tm wrote this
crap:

The boss and i use the stairs as a smoking room. Undoubtedly against
some rule, but no one has complained. Far easier to hide in a
stairwell than to go all the way down and huddle in the rain with the
other losers.

I think it would be easier to quit smoking.

Old June 16th 04, 10:45 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:28:10 +0900, tm wrote this
crap:

When I worked there smoking was OK. People who didn't like it were
SOL. I quit smoking when cigs hit $1 a pack. I have lots of sympathy
for heroin addicts.

I've tried heroin. It's overrated addiction-wise. These cleverly
packaged nicotine-sticks are the ultimate addiction.

You're just weak-willed. I managed to quit drinking while at work.
Now I just drink at breakfast, lunch, and after work.

Old June 16th 04, 11:36 AM
BrritSki

tm wrote:

Terd Fartingmor wrote:
tm wrote

The boss and i use the stairs as a smoking room. Undoubtedly against
some rule, but no one has complained. Far easier to hide in a
stairwell than to go all the way down and huddle in the rain with the
other losers.

I think it would be easier to quit smoking.

Lucky for me that no one cares what you think, dumbass. Go shine your
knob with car wax.

Too late, he's shining his turtle with knob wax.
Old June 16th 04, 12:31 PM
AstroPax

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:54:35 +0900, tm wrote:

France, Canada or the Venezuelan oil fields?

How about a surprise "cheap shot" attack against Japan, on December
7th ?

-Astro

Old June 16th 04, 03:22 PM
Dave Stallard

tm wrote:

I've tried heroin. It's overrated addiction-wise.

Funny, that's how I felt about morphine. Just made me feel weird and
depressed, without doing much for the pain. Fentanyl, on the other
hand, is a completely different matter . Almost makes a visit to the
ER worthwhile, woo-hoo!

Dave
Old June 16th 04, 10:35 PM
vern93

In article ,
Dave Stallard wrote:

Funny, that's how I felt about morphine. Just made me feel weird and
depressed, without doing much for the pain.

And constipating, don't forget constipating...

Fentanyl, on the other
hand, is a completely different matter .

Yeah, but it doesn't last long. But I always say, "some doctors like
that feeling so much they're willling to trade their whole career for
it."

Almost makes a visit to the ER worthwhile, woo-hoo!

Fentanyl in the ER? That's a little uncommon. But I swear, I could get
my arm ripped off and I'd be standing there with a big wad of
papertowels clamped over my bloody shoulder stump, thinking, "If I go to
the ER I'm going to have wait all god damned night! Fetch me my styptic
pencil."

Dave
Old June 16th 04, 10:49 PM
The Real Bev

vern93 wrote:

In article ,
Dave Stallard wrote:

Funny, that's how I felt about morphine. Just made me feel weird and
depressed, without doing much for the pain.

And constipating, don't forget constipating...

Let's not forget demerol. Puts me to sleep and then makes me cry and
barf when I wake up. People do this recreationally? Feh.

--
Cheers,
Bev