ski buddy required Lake Tahoe 11th - 17th Feb 06

Old January 9th 06, 07:43 PM

Default ski buddy required Lake Tahoe 11th - 17th Feb 06

skiing solo this year - not recommended! So need an intermediate skier
to join me on the slopes. I am a young 55 year old male and have skied
10 weeks on snow since I took up the sport 6 years ago. I have skied in
the European Alps and east coast of America. This will be my first time
in the West and I will feel much happier if I have someone to ski with.

read more =BB 1 new of 1 message - 1 author

Old January 10th 06, 03:15 AM

You might mention WHERE in the West are you skiing, maybe?

Old January 10th 06, 02:42 PM

LeeD wrote:
You might mention WHERE in the West are you skiing, maybe?

Hmmmm, first time skier to Lake Tahoe (see subject line)....I'm
guessing he'll end up at Heavenly.

Old January 10th 06, 04:15 PM

Tahoe has like 14 different resorts, from basicall 40 miles S of the
Lake to the N and W shores, and back 10 miles.
I've had season passes to NorthStar/Sierra for 5 years, so won't
bother going to say....DodgeRidge.
Just wondering, I'm a snowboarder anyways, and lotsa skiers won't
wait for me off the lift.

Old January 10th 06, 07:26 PM

steve wrote:

skiing solo this year - not recommended!

Why? I ski solo almost every time. Well, there are thousands
of other people out there too. Most times, I am driving there
and back solo. What is wrong with going out by yourself?

Sam "this space for rent" Seiber
Old January 10th 06, 08:50 PM

Sam Seiber wrote:
steve wrote:
skiing solo this year - not recommended!

Why? I ski solo almost every time. Well, there are thousands
of other people out there too. Most times, I am driving there
and back solo. What is wrong with going out by yourself?

Nothing. A ski buddy is nice for beers afterwards,
but skiing itself is a solitary activity in any case.
The upside of solitude is that I always agree with
myself about which day to go, where to ski,
and when to have lunch. And I never have to
wait for myself at the bottom.

-- Mike Treseler
Old January 10th 06, 09:15 PM

In article ,
Mike Treseler wrote:

Nothing. A ski buddy is nice for beers afterwards,
but skiing itself is a solitary activity in any case.

I've got an ex stripper snowboarder coming down from Hamilton next week.
She spent $5K on a trophy boob job last summer. She was showing them off
at the Film Festival party at 43 North. The Grateful Dead Movie has been
remastered in HD and Barlow was one of the presenters, so we were in for
the free bar. But I digress. Back to the ski buddy. She has a really
nice clitoris piercing as well. Its nice to cuddle up by the fire after
a full day of face shots in the Teton backcountry...
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 10th 06, 09:19 PM

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article Mike Treseler wrote:

Nothing. A ski buddy is nice for beers afterwards,
but skiing itself is a solitary activity in any case.

I've got an ex stripper snowboarder coming down from Hamilton next week.
She spent $5K on a trophy boob job last summer. She was showing them off
at the Film Festival party at 43 North. The Grateful Dead Movie has been
remastered in HD and Barlow was one of the presenters, so we were in for
the free bar. But I digress. Back to the ski buddy. She has a really
nice clitoris piercing as well. Its nice to cuddle up by the fire after
a full day of face shots in the Teton backcountry...

Jeff? Jeff? JEFF!!!

Wake up! You're dreaming again.

//Walt
Old January 11th 06, 03:09 AM

Sam Seiber wrote:

steve wrote:

skiing solo this year - not recommended!

Why? I ski solo almost every time. Well, there are thousands
of other people out there too. Most times, I am driving there
and back solo. What is wrong with going out by yourself?

Me too, but it would be nice to ski with somebody else upon occasion. Just
skiing several runs with a stranger is good, especially if the stranger is
better than I am.

--
Cheers, Bev
Q: How many lawyers does it take to grease a combine?
Old February 1st 06, 06:17 PM

"LeeD" ) writes:
Tahoe has like 14 different resorts, from basicall 40 miles S of the
Lake to the N and W shores, and back 10 miles.
I've had season passes to NorthStar/Sierra for 5 years, so won't
bother going to say....DodgeRidge.
Just wondering, I'm a snowboarder anyways, and lotsa skiers won't
wait for me off the lift.

With your know-it-all attitude I bet lotsa snowboarders won't wait either...