Info for Ski Trip to Austria.

Old August 10th 03, 02:33 PM
William Wells

Default Info for Ski Trip to Austria.

I am a first time Austria skier. When does the season start, where is the
best place for an itermediate skier, should I take my own equipment or rent?
Where is the best place to fly into. Thanks Bill

Old August 11th 03, 08:07 AM
Jonathan Gogan

When does the season start
Are you earning your turns or buying them?

where is the best place for an itermediate skier
Where there is snow and instructors (hint: see "its all good" (tm) slogan)

should I take my own equipment or rent?
Whatever

Where is the best place to fly into.
definately somewhere with a runway.

Thanks Bill

No, Thank you:
Sarcasm on a Mon AM is always a pleasure.
Seriously: If you are going to Austria I recommend an Austrian ski resort
might satisfy your requirments!
Seriously: "its all good" (tm).

Jon. (the ever helpful)

Old August 12th 03, 10:32 AM
Jonathan Gogan

Old August 16th 03, 08:58 PM
DB

Insbruck is an internatioal Airport and from there you can go to lots of
good places.
Saalbach is OK, but try Hintetux gletcher or Molentaler. But, generally all
Austria resorts are very good.

Davor

Old August 24th 03, 08:39 AM
quicknet

Hello,

Im from holland but i use often this website with always a lot information
about the ski resorts, they tell you how the pistes are for all kind of
skiers and also the snow reports are up to date. And you can also found the
links to the ski resorts. Im never skied in austria always go to france, i
like it when i can ski from my appartment so im direct on the piste and can
ski back to my appartment and there are a lot high altitude village so its
really snow sure. In austria there is almost no appartment on the piste only
some hotels what means often travelling with the free skibus.

Emiel
"William Wells" schreef in bericht

Old August 24th 03, 08:40 AM
quicknet

sorry forgot the link
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/

Old August 24th 03, 09:56 AM
Ace

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:39:33 +0200, "quicknet"
wrote:

Hello,

Im from holland but i use often this website [www.skiclub.co.uk]with always a lot information
about the ski resorts, they tell you how the pistes are for all kind of
skiers and also the snow reports are up to date. And you can also found the
links to the ski resorts. Im never skied in austria always go to france, i
like it when i can ski from my appartment so im direct on the piste and can
ski back to my appartment and there are a lot high altitude village so its
really snow sure. In austria there is almost no appartment on the piste only
some hotels what means often travelling with the free skibus.

Have you ever hooked up with the ski club rep in resort? Membership is
not limited to UK residents (good job really, seeing as I live in
france).