Looking at the glory shot...

Old July 28th 03, 02:06 PM
Vern93

Default Looking at the glory shot...

In article ,
Walt wrote:

You get hate mail? You lucky son of a gun. The ******* hasn't written
to me in months.

I haven't heard from him since I got his Christmas card with all the
Horvaths wearing their matching red applique Christmas sweaters and the
mimeographed "Annual Horvath Family Newsletter Update."

Congrats to Mrs Mittens and her new kittens and the twins soccer
championship.

Dave
Old July 28th 03, 04:27 PM
pigo

"Vern93" wrote in message
In article ,
Walt wrote:

You get hate mail? You lucky son of a gun. The ******* hasn't

written
to me in months.

I haven't heard from him since I got his Christmas card with all the
Horvaths wearing their matching red applique Christmas sweaters and

the
mimeographed "Annual Horvath Family Newsletter Update."

Congrats to Mrs Mittens and her new kittens and the twins soccer
championship.

YOU got a xmas card?!?! I've never gotten one. Horvy, if your
"listening", send me an xmas card. You can get my address from
bertanaise.

Old July 29th 03, 02:22 AM
Jay Pique

Default Looking at the glory shot - Part Deux

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:15:31 -0600, Jay Pique
wrote:

I took a most excellent digger while biking today, complete with blood
and everything.

I really think I'm turning into a complete spaz. Yesterday I
successfully destroyed the back wheel of a buddy's bike while on the
Peaks Trail. Between that and other recent events (referenced above)
I figured I'd stick to the road today. Safer and all, right? Not
exactly.

I'm not sure of the phenomenon surrounding Lake Dillon, but some days
the wind is absolutely in your face for the entire circumnavigation.
Today was one of those days, and I really let it get to me. In a
frustrated effort to salvage a decent time, I started really pushing
it through the turns...and of course busted my ass. Elbow and left
hand to boot. Right in front of what was most likely a totally cool
and probably single biker-babe just looking for a guy like me - only
one that can STAY ON HIS ****ING BICYCLE!

The left hip is now a complete disaster.

JP
**********************************
Letting the bad karma creep in again. I think I need a guru.

PS - Misery loves company. Let me feel your pain.
Old July 29th 03, 04:22 PM
Sam Seiber

bdubya wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:22:22 -0600, Jay Pique
wrote:

PS - Misery loves company. Let me feel your pain.

If you insist. Went over to a friend's house last night for grilled
chicken and a little wine; we were to bring the wine, so we picked up
a case on the way over. I woke up this morning with a nice pavement
rash on my left knee, left ankle and left elbow, a bloody hole in the
knee of my freshest pair of jeans, and a very vague memory of taking a
dive on my own front walk while carrying in the remainder of the wine
(which survived, fortunately; I think I broke its fall).

Walking: tougher than it looks.

bw

What are you **** heads up to? ;-) Trying to get on the Disabled List
just in time for ski season? You guys scare me.

Sam "Staying safe by playing pinball over the summer" Seiber