Downhill Racer on A&E

Old July 20th 03, 04:53 AM
Mike Speegle

Default Downhill Racer on A&E

In news:Vern93 typed:
In article ,
"Mike Speegle" wrote:

A movie currently running on cable for all you Dave Barry fans
is based on a novel of his "Big Trouble." Very, very funny movie
with a wonderful cast bringing Dave's writing to life in what could
have been titled "Dave Barry Saves the World, Sorta!" HIghly
recommended for yucks. ;-)
--

Have you read the book? Damn, it's funny. We use lines from it all
the time at work. "I'll be right there. - by which I mean to say, 'I

Sorta reminds me of the writing Douglas Adams did in the five book
trilogy "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": It soared aloft in much the
same way a brick doesn't. Good stuff. ;-)
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 20th 03, 08:38 PM
Alex Heney

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:52:28 GMT, jvwalker51
wrote:

In about 5 minutes. Good Flick.

For those in the UK, it is on BBC1 tonight, at 11:25PM.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Why do we read left to right yet turn pages right to left?

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old July 21st 03, 12:03 AM
TCS

Sorta reminds me of the writing Douglas Adams did in the five book
trilogy "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": It soared aloft in much the
same way a brick doesn't. Good stuff. ;-)

A five book trilogy? Ah, the new math.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado Skiing is temporarily closed
Old July 21st 03, 12:21 AM
Richard Henry

"TCS" wrote in message
Sorta reminds me of the writing Douglas Adams did in the five book
trilogy "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": It soared aloft in much

the
same way a brick doesn't. Good stuff. ;-)

A five book trilogy? Ah, the new math.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

The question is "What is 6 times 9?"

Old July 21st 03, 12:22 AM
Mike Speegle

In news:TCS typed:
Sorta reminds me of the writing Douglas Adams did in the five book
trilogy "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": It soared aloft in
much the same way a brick doesn't. Good stuff. ;-)

A five book trilogy? Ah, the new math.

As he continued to write the 2 new books Adams continued to call it
a trilogy. Quite in keeping with his bizarre sense of humor. If you
like the type of Monty Python humor, try the Hitchhiker's books. Very
similar sort of bizarre and ridiculous humor. Good for many a laugh.
;-)

Old July 21st 03, 12:52 AM
lal_truckee

The Real Bev wrote:

Me too, except I haven't seen space balls. My husband claims that his
student house was the model for Animal House. It could be true.

So: He was at Berkeley in the 60s, too, and living with me? Was he that
Xtian Fundamentalist that volunteered to drive to Squaw Valley, but
wouldn't shut up the whole trip up and back? Even after I assured him I
was a pagan satanist yellow banana slug worshipper and didn't want to
change?

Old July 21st 03, 10:44 PM
Sue

In message , Walt
writes

Even after I assured him I
was a pagan satanist yellow banana slug worshipper and didn't want to
change?

Jeez, you mean that you went to school with him too?

Satan didn't go to school, he always bunked off.
--
Sue ];(