Pointers for binding adjustment?

Old May 9th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
JEK

Default Pointers for binding adjustment?

I consider myself an advanced intermediate rider. I don't do parks and
my knees are in terrible shape. I ride an '06 Yukon 168 which I wanted
for stability at speed, but the extra effort to control that behemoth
is also apparent.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has some tips about binding
placement.
Old May 11th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

"JEK" wrote in message
I consider myself an advanced intermediate rider. I don't do parks and
my knees are in terrible shape. I ride an '06 Yukon 168 which I wanted
for stability at speed, but the extra effort to control that behemoth
is also apparent.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has some tips about binding
placement.

They need to be far enough apart that you can properly twist the board to
initiate turns. I adjusted the fore/aft position for hard carved turns. I found
that to maintain a hard carve, I had to shift my weight significantly aft
towards the end of the turn to avoid skidding. I adjusted the binding backwards
to balance the forward shift needed to initiate turns against the backwards
shift needed to maintain the carve at the end of the turn. That works for me,
but does put me farther back than the normal mounting. It does make riding
switch a little tricky, as the board tends to hook a little extra in that case.
Certainly, your own preferences may vary. Just play with it in different
conditions and see what works for you.