Toko wax iron parts

Old November 26th 14, 07:26 AM
davemac davemac is offline
Junior Member

Default Toko wax iron parts

Broke black plastic plate atop metal heat plate on Toko T14 and looking for source for replacement part so I can repair.
Thnx for any leads!
Old November 26th 14, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

--
davemac

Check the internet.
Old November 1st 15, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 6:49:04 AM UTC-5, davemac wrote:
Broke black plastic plate atop metal heat plate on Toko T14 and looking
for source for replacement part so I can repair.
Thnx for any leads!

--
davemac

I have 4 irons all needing plastic case parts. All are different brands but the electrics are identical. All China made!

If you know of a source please let me know.

TNX,

Bob...
Old November 2nd 15, 05:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

The steam holes don't get clogged up.
Old November 2nd 15, 05:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

I have used a dedicated regular iron for waxing for many years. Just be sure to mark it so that your wife doesn't accidently use it for clothing.
Old November 2nd 15, 06:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/01/2015 09:04 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
The steam holes don't get clogged up.

Who cares if they do?

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old November 2nd 15, 03:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 11/1/15 4:57 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Does a real waxing iron work all that much better than a regular
(clothes) iron?

If you're trying for race wax perfection the gunk in the steam holes
will compromise your work.
For typical waxing I ignore the issue to no detriment.

Also note that clothes irons without steaming ability (ie no steam
holes) also exist and turn up at garages occasionally, not to mention
older irons predating steam.
Old November 2nd 15, 04:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/02/2015 07:40 AM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/1/15 4:57 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Does a real waxing iron work all that much better than a regular
(clothes) iron?

If you're trying for race wax perfection the gunk in the steam holes
will compromise your work.

Obviously not me. I use old candles. I bet my bases smell better than
yours.

The gunk in the holes melts out each time. I don't understand how this
matters.

For typical waxing I ignore the issue to no detriment.

Also note that clothes irons without steaming ability (ie no steam
holes) also exist and turn up at garages occasionally, not to mention
older irons predating steam.

Preaching to the choir here :-)

--
Cheers, Bev