Mt Shasta Nordic Now Open

Old December 31st 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Edgar

Default Mt Shasta Nordic Now Open

Northern California's Mt Shasta Nordic opened this weekend with a
reported 34" snowpack. Today was a blue sky Blue Extra/Super Blue day
in the morning before we changed to skate skis for the afternoon.
Trails are nicely groomed for both classic and with skating lanes.
Mt. Shasta Nordic is now operated as a 501c3 not for profit community
organization. For details see: http://www.mtshastanordic.org/

Further north in Oregon, Mt. Bachelor Nordic is reporting something
like a 7-foot snow depth, up from the 5-feet of the early December XC
Oregon ski camp. At this rate we should see a repeat of the 10-foot
plus snow base of the 2006 National Masters for the coming 2007
National Masters at Bend/Mt. Batchelor in March. Those still without
snow need to keep roller skiing to get in shape for the National
Masters in Bend. See the AXCS web site for the National Masters at
Bend: http://www.xcskiworld.com/events_xc/NM/NM_index.htm

Edgar

Old December 31st 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

what's the elevation there?

Old December 31st 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

"The Nordic parking lot filled up at 10 am Thursday and Friday with
overflow from the Ski Park! Come early to make sure you can make it up
the hill! ...arrive before 9:30!"

Does this mean that if I live the bay area at 7 am, drive for 4 hrs
and arrive by 11, I won't be able to ski b/c of no parking? Or can I
still park nearby?