any cheap skiing in Switzerland?

Old October 14th 05, 09:27 AM
Ron K.

Default any cheap skiing in Switzerland?

is there any budget alpine skiing in Switzerland?

or is my only hope nordic?

suggestions?

thanks.

Ron K.

Old October 14th 05, 09:39 AM
Alex Heney

On 14 Oct 2005 02:27:15 -0700, "Ron K."
wrote:

is there any budget alpine skiing in Switzerland?

What do you mean by "budget"?

Are you looking for a package, or just talking about lift passes?
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.
Old October 14th 05, 01:44 PM
Johannes

wrote:

is there any budget alpine skiing in Switzerland?

Wht do you mean with budget? Hotel, Chalet, Apartment? What expect you
from the resort?

Johannes
Old October 16th 05, 01:30 AM
Ron K.

I'll be living and working in Switzerland possiblity for 3 months...so
looking for just a day pass and maybe 1 night lodging....

by "budget"...I mean I'll probably pack a sack lunch with me and some
granola bars...if that gives you a better picture...

thanks.

Ron K.

Old October 16th 05, 05:39 PM
Alex Heney

On 15 Oct 2005 18:30:51 -0700, "Ron K."
wrote:

I'll be living and working in Switzerland possiblity for 3 months...so
looking for just a day pass and maybe 1 night lodging....

by "budget"...I mean I'll probably pack a sack lunch with me and some
granola bars...if that gives you a better picture...

Right.

So you are looking for somewhere with reasonably priced day passes is
the most important thing.

Which part of Switzerland? Presumably you don't want any saving in
lift pass costs to be eaten up by higher transport costs?
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine
Old October 20th 05, 04:51 AM
Ron K.

In the south....Ticino. I found a nordic center called Campra? my
italian is terrible right now, so I only got a vague notion of what
they have to offer.

Ron K.

Old October 20th 05, 09:22 PM
Johannes

On 19 Oct 2005 21:51:52 -0700, "Ron K."
wrote:

In the south....Ticino. I found a nordic center called Campra? my
italian is terrible right now, so I only got a vague notion of what
they have to offer.

You didn't exatly say were you stay. Because the Resorts at the Tessin
are limited:
www.airolo.ch
Monte Tamaro at Locarno: http://www.montetamaro.ch/
Bosco Gurin at the Magga Vally: www.bosco-gurin.ch
Ther are 2 Lifts at the Valle di Blenio(Campo Blenio + Lecontica)
http://www.nara2000.ch/nara.nsf/Go/M...A?OpenDocument

San Bernardino is Graubünden but on the south side of the Alps
www.sanbernardino.ch
And Splügen on the north side oft the San Bernardino Pass.
http://www.viamalaferien.ch/deutsch/...me_winter.html
There is a bus from Belinzona to San Bernardion and Splügen, but a car
is better, i think.

The Lukmanier Pass is night closed and day open, what i know. So you
can also got to Disentis and Sedrun at the Vorderrhein Valley.(With
car) www.disentis.ch

Vor 2 days you can drive trough the San Bernardino Tunnel down to Chur
and up to:
Arosa www.arosa.ch , Flims/Laax www.alpenarena.ch , Lenzerheide
(Lenzerheide, Valbella, Parpan, Churwalden) www.lenzerheide.ch

Or trough the Gotthard tunnel and up to Andermatt. www.andermatt.ch

Johannes
Old October 20th 05, 11:48 PM
MASH MASH is offline
Junior Member

Location: Morzine
Send a message via AIM to MASH

Hi Ron,
you seem to have got a great response to an area I know nothing about!
Why don't you switch areas?
We have an old farmhouse the other side of the valley to Chatel.You are welcome to come on your budget skiing trips if you bring paying friends with you!
I'll give you a freebee if you get a group of 4-10 people on a self catered/catered hol.
Ski pass is all you'll have to cough up for!
A deal?
If there are any more of you out there,then same offer applies.
See you all here this winter!!!!!!
Karen
MASH-Mountain Accommodation & Snowsports Holidays
http:/masheurope.tripod.com

0033 450 386367
Old October 21st 05, 07:06 AM
Johannes

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:48:28 +0100, MASH
wrote:

Ron K. Wrote:

Hi Ron,
you seem to have got a great response to an area I know nothing about!
Why don't you switch areas?
We have an old farmhouse the other side of the valley to Chatel.You are
welcome to come on your budget skiing trips if you bring paying friends
with you!

Perhaps to far from the Tessin for a weekend Trip. He didn't say were
he stay at the Tessin, but form Bellinzona got you ~253km/3:40.
Remeber it's winter. With snow you lost quick a lot of time.

Bellinzona - Lenzerheide ~115km/1:40
Bellinzona -Arosa ~144/2:00
are shure Better for the Weekend.

Johannes