TR: Fun in the Sun

Old February 24th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bumpfreaq

Default TR: Fun in the Sun

Frisco, CO Days 3-5

Wednesday and Thursday were beautiful blue bird, see forever days. It
must have gotten close to 40 degrees on the mountain Wednesday and was
warmer than that on Thursday. I hit the slopes of Copper about 11ish
each day and had big fun skiing sun softened bumps. Copper is a big
place but sometimes it takes a lot to get me off the Resolution and
Alpine lifts.

An interesting thing happened on the Storm King platter lift. I had
just gotten the platter into its proper position, was moving slowly up
the hill waiting for it to fully grip the cable. Well grip it did;
I'm a bit over 200# at the moment and that sucker picked me up about a
foot off the snow and plopped me down about four feet later. That
never happened to me before.

Today was colder, cloudy and crusty. The runs were fast fast fast and
a different kind of fun fun fun. I was skiing pretty well but I did
see a dude execute a very nice face plant and leave behind some pretty
red snow. Triple Zero had been groomed nearly top to bottom and there
are never any crowds over there so I just pointed 'em down and let 'em
run a couple of times. It seemed like I was skiing back in Michigan
with the runs lasting about five percent of the time it took to get
back to the top.

We're supposed to be getting some fresh snow tonight and tomorrow.
Hopefully the weekend will be nice and soft.

Chris