Igloo demo

Old December 16th 04, 10:20 AM
Ed Huesers

Default Igloo demo

Hey All,
I'll be building an igloo in Boise ID this Sat. at The Bench Mark
starting at 9:00 am.

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Old December 16th 04, 04:31 PM

What are you going to do if there isn't any snow?

Old December 17th 04, 03:31 PM
Michael Carpenter

wrote in message
oups.com...
What are you going to do if there isn't any snow?

Whadya mean "if"?

In 9 years in Boise, there's only been enough snow at my house to make a
snowman 3 times, and two of those were so marginal that I had to roll the
ball from the front yard to the back yard, two loops around and back to the
front before I had a decent sized ball! My wife (having grown up in
Eastern Idaho) likes Boise snow because it melts within 24 hours of falling.
(Boise is on the edge of a desert and is only 2500' elevation.)

As Ed says, they are trucking it in, but not from the ski resort, since the
ski resort only has about 12" at the base. I read that they are trucking it
in from Idaho City, which has more snow (but no ski resort -- although they
have some cross country ski areas).

Old December 17th 04, 04:20 PM
Eugene Miya

In article .com,
wrote:
What are you going to do if there isn't any snow?

Ed's Today show demo had the snow (really ice) trucked in.
Old December 17th 04, 05:23 PM
Pete Hickey

In article ,
Ed Huesers wrote:
wrote:
What are you going to do if there isn't any snow?

The snow is being trucked in from a ski area a little over a hundred
miles away.

Too bad you're not up my way, Ed. Enough snow around here. If I
finish my Christmas schlopping this weekend (and don't waste the rest
of my time skiing), I'm putting one up in my front yard. The local
kids consider it a neighbourhood tradition.

Oh yeah... I finally got my wife to agree to a trip where she'll sleep
in an igloo.

-Pete

--

"It's a sad day for american capitalism when a man
can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park."

PILOT demo tracks MADStevieK Alpine Skiing 1 January 25th 05 03:22 PM
FS: 2005 Dynastar Demo Skis [email protected] Alpine Skiing 3 December 29th 04 04:22 AM
Vail Demo Center Luchini Alpine Skiing 0 December 14th 04 12:17 AM
demo boards in Salt Lake htn Snowboarding 0 February 12th 04 07:18 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 05:51 AM