prepping for altitude

Old February 22nd 05, 06:37 PM
uglymoney

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:31:45 -0500, Walt
wrote:

bdubya wrote:

The altitude can also
spark a remarkable jump in methane production (to be delicate about
it); if you're sharing a room with someone else, you might want to
bring a small scented candle, just to be merciful and to do your part
about global warming.

I know what you mean. One day last year at Solitude I had a bratwurst
for lunch, and spent the entire afternoon ... um... well... no sense in
being delicate about it at this point. Everytime I turned, I farted. It
was pole-plant, fart, crossover, bring the skis around and finish the
turn, pole-plant, fart, crossover, bring the skis around and finish the
turn, pole-plant, fart, etc. It became part of the rhythm, although
about every fifth or sixth turn the fart wouldn't happen and I'd blow
the turn and go careening down the hill. No more bratwurst for me on
ski days.

I know the sympton, but I'd be really very suprised if it was the
actual Brat that caused the farting. More likely you ate the Brat on
a whole wheat bun which could have been the source, or with onions, or
kraut. All three of those can be hard to digest which can lead to
high altitude flatulation.

I was supposed to hook up with Klaus that day. I wonder why he never
showed up?

Maybe he didn't want to hang out with a guy who's farts were
contributing to valley warming.

nate
Old February 23rd 05, 02:24 AM
Jay Pique

wrote:

I know the sympton, but I'd be really very suprised if it was the
actual Brat that caused the farting. More likely you ate the Brat on
a whole wheat bun which could have been the source, or with onions, or
kraut. All three of those can be hard to digest which can lead to
high altitude flatulation.

WTF is a Brat? I'm pretty sure that the brat is an uncapitalized
unproper (based on its flatulence inducing properties) noun.

jp
*********************
Brat's have excellent rear-facing X-Wing fighter seats.
Old February 23rd 05, 11:22 AM
uglymoney

wrote:

I know the sympton, but I'd be really very suprised if it was the
actual Brat that caused the farting. More likely you ate the Brat on
a whole wheat bun which could have been the source, or with onions, or
kraut. All three of those can be hard to digest which can lead to
high altitude flatulation.

WTF is a Brat? I'm pretty sure that the brat is an uncapitalized
unproper (based on its flatulence inducing properties) noun.

You have a portable grill that you tote around in that old Cherokee?
I'm debating packing a little smokey or its equivelant for my pending
trip out west so that I can have beer and brats for lunch with my dog.

A Brat is mostly fat and protein - two substances that cause little
gas. I have this info bookmarked. I always refer to it when planning
dinner before a date:

http://health.yahoo.com/health/cente...4.html#anchor1

nate

jp
Brat's have excellent rear-facing X-Wing fighter seats.