DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Old August 13th 03, 10:12 PM
Richard Henry

Default TLAs was: DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

"klaus" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:
"klaus" wrote in message

ASA would be a tail recursive TLA but I believe the first recursive
TLA was head recursive, and that TLA was GNU. Can anyone tell me what
it stands for *without* looking it up on the web? Pulling out your
GunEmacs manual is allowed as long as it's the old yellow one with the
weird drawing on the front that says something about the planet noi.

Gnu's not unix.

Damn.... That was *fast*. And half way around the world no less....

Are you saying I'm half-fast?

Old August 13th 03, 10:59 PM
klaus

Richard Henry wrote:

Are you saying I'm half-fast?

Hey, it's better than being double-slow.

-klaus

Old August 13th 03, 11:42 PM
Richard Henry

"Walt" wrote in message
klaus wrote:
Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
"Walt" wrote

Is asa an abbreviation for alt.sailing.asa?

Right. It's a recursive TLA.

ASA would be a tail recursive TLA but I believe the first recursive
TLA was head recursive, and that TLA was GNU.

I think TLA was the first recursive TLA. How could something else be
the first recursive TLA if TLA wasn't defined yet?

TLA is recursive isn't it? Or is it merely self-descrptive like short,
polysylabic, sesquipedillian, and upge****ed ? (the last one being auf
Deutch...)

Can anyone tell me what it stands for *without* looking it up on the

web?

Everybody knows what GNU is (or rather what it isn't - eat your heart
out SCO!)

--
//-Walt
//

obRSA: Did you see what happened when Fox tried to stop Al Franken's new
book _Lies and the Lying Liars that Tell Them_ ? In one day it went to #1
on the Amazon best seller list, and it doesn't come out for a month yet.

obski: DIN is a TLA

According to

http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/

DIN is a DBA (drei-buchstaben-akronym).

Of coursse, it also says "Keine Garantie für die Richtigkeit!"

Old August 14th 03, 01:29 AM
bdubya

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:42:50 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

obRSA: Did you see what happened when Fox tried to stop Al Franken's new
book _Lies and the Lying Liars that Tell Them_ ? In one day it went to #1
on the Amazon best seller list, and it doesn't come out for a month yet.

I hadn't heard about the suit until now, but OMGROTFLMAO. That's
almost as funny as watching O'Reilly pop a vein at the BookExpo
luncheon.....seems like somebody at Fox should oppose this sort of
frivolous lawsuitery.

bw
Old August 14th 03, 03:02 PM
pigo

wrote:

obRSA: Did you see what happened when Fox tried to stop Al Franken's

new
book _Lies and the Lying Liars that Tell Them_ ? In one day it went

to #1
on the Amazon best seller list, and it doesn't come out for a month

yet.

I hadn't heard about the suit until now, but OMGROTFLMAO. That's
almost as funny as watching O'Reilly pop a vein at the BookExpo
luncheon.....seems like somebody at Fox should oppose this sort of
frivolous lawsuitery.

Fox copywrited (or some such protection) the term "fair and balanced" in
1995. You think it's frivolous to peruse someone that purposefully
challenges that. Seems to me he was asking for it and got what he
wanted. Unfortunately it will still work to his benefit.
It does go to show your lack of objectivity though. You Bush haters are
so funny.

Last night Davis, in an attempt to defend himself, said something to the
effect of "what about the National Economy? That was great under
clinton, now look at it". Totally ignoring the fact that the downturn
started under clinton and is now showing healthy signs of recovery.

Old August 14th 03, 03:48 PM
bdubya

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:02:33 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

ITYM "Saddam lovers" or "Terrorism Supporters", or maybe "Pinkos";
whatever the term of the day is for somebody left of the Prezdet. And
what does Bush have to do with it? Unless you mean his stance on tort
reform, which would seem to put him more on Franken's side here.
Added to that, that's a pretty weak trademark to begin with, and it
was granted in the Clinton era, so you just KNOW it was issued in
exchange for money, drugs or tail, right? Which side are you really
on, here?

Last night Davis, in an attempt to defend himself, said something to the
effect of "what about the National Economy? That was great under
clinton, now look at it". Totally ignoring the fact that the downturn
started under clinton and is now showing healthy signs of recovery.

But it's not Davis being sued, it's Franken, and AFAIK they haven't
worked together for years.

bw
Old August 14th 03, 04:02 PM
Walt

Dave Stallard wrote:

FWIW,

Hold on there. That's not a TLA, that's an FLA, and you know haw much
trouble you can get into mixing FLA and politics. I'd quit while you
are still ahead.

the rather commonly used phrase "fair and balanced" seems like a
silly and presumptous term to copyright.

Now, if you turn "Fair and Balanced" into a TLA, you get FAB.
Unfortunately, FAB has already been registered as a trademark by
Colgate-Palmolive. IOW, it seems like FOX is SOL on copywriting FAB as
their official TLA.

Film at eleven.

--
//-Walt
//

obski: how about that new HSQ they're putting in at XXXX?
Old August 14th 03, 04:42 PM
klaus

pigo wrote:
Fox copywrited (or some such protection) the term "fair and balanced" in
1995. You think it's frivolous to peruse someone that purposefully
challenges that.

I think it's against the law to peruse someone without their
permission. Otherwise people would get perused all the time. And that
just wouldn't be right.

Seems to me he was asking for it and got what he
wanted. Unfortunately it will still work to his benefit.
It does go to show your lack of objectivity though. You Bush haters are
so funny.

dOOd.... there is more to politics than pro-bush or anti-bush. Your
argument shows the complete lack of logic and black/white fallacy
employed by the probush camp.

BTW, I've trademarked the term Bush Haters(tm). Please refrain from
using it.

Last night Davis, in an attempt to defend himself, said something to the
effect of "what about the National Economy? That was great under
clinton, now look at it". Totally ignoring the fact that the downturn
started under clinton and is now showing healthy signs of recovery.

Can we stick to one fair and balanced argument at a time?

p.s. I actually like bush.. neatly trimmed.

-klaus

Old August 14th 03, 05:28 PM
Walt

klaus wrote:

BTW, I've trademarked the term Bush Haters(tm). Please refrain from
using it.

E®xcuse® me®, but I've® copyrighte®d the® le®tte®r e®.

Ple®ase® re®frain from using my inte®lle®ctual prope®rty, or you'll
he®ar from my lawye®r.

--
//-Walt
//