Swix Ski Suits

Old August 10th 05, 09:08 PM
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

Default Swix Ski Suits

Does someone know if Swix ski suits tend to run large or small compared
to other brands of suits, tights or even regular clothing? I'm trying
to figure out if I would fit in a medium or large suit since I usually
wear a large pair of tights and a medium top.

Jay Wenner

Old August 11th 05, 01:48 AM
Mike Wynn

"Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does someone know if Swix ski suits tend to run large or small compared
to other brands of suits, tights or even regular clothing? I'm trying
to figure out if I would fit in a medium or large suit since I usually
wear a large pair of tights and a medium top.

Jay Wenner

Jay,

Sorry about the pm I sent you as I meant send it to the group!
I tried on a large Swix suit tonight and it fit me perfectly. Comfortably
snug without being restrictive or seam bursting. A medium would be a
''stretch'' for sure. However, the jacket was a medium and plenty roomy. I
feel a large would have been, well, large..... So, I'm going with the large
suit and medium jacket. I'd say the large Swix suit is quite close in size
to last years Fischer (Loeffler) suit in medium and about the same as a
large VOMax.

Again, I'm 5' 8-1/2'' and 160 lbs with a longish 32'' inseam.

Oh, the suit I tried on tonight was the Team Norway two-piece.
Hope this helps!

Mike........

Old August 11th 05, 06:09 AM

Hmmm... they actually let you get large pants and a medium top in one
suit? Interesting. Did not work for me last year (I mean, for my wife).

Old August 11th 05, 02:18 PM
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

Yeah, I've been able to order large tights with a medium top for a few
years, I guess because the tights and tops are ordered separately. My
stats:

31 waist x 30 or 31 length (but it's my quads that usually need the
large sized tights)
5''7-1/2"
140 lbs

Last year the Loeffler medium top was about right or a little
large....pipecleaner arms from all the cycling....just enough strength
to hold on the bars...and then my left hand falls asleep.

Guess I'll have to try on a suit just to make sure,. but I appreciate
the info. The Swix web site makes it sound like the suit are much
bigger based on their sizing chart.

Thanks,

Jay

Old August 11th 05, 05:05 PM
Mike Wynn

"Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, I've been able to order large tights with a medium top for a few
years, I guess because the tights and tops are ordered separately. My
stats:

31 waist x 30 or 31 length (but it's my quads that usually need the
large sized tights)
5''7-1/2"
140 lbs

Last year the Loeffler medium top was about right or a little
large....pipecleaner arms from all the cycling....just enough strength
to hold on the bars...and then my left hand falls asleep.

Guess I'll have to try on a suit just to make sure,. but I appreciate
the info. The Swix web site makes it sound like the suit are much
bigger based on their sizing chart.

Thanks,

Jay

Boy, that's a for sure about Swix's size chart. Based on the large I tried
on, I'd have to say the chart has nothing to do with the reality of their
lycra suits. It is more realistic concerning the jacket, however.

fwiw,