New skis on Kickstarter

Old October 1st 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

Default New skis on Kickstarter

On 9/30/2013 4:51 PM, pigo wrote:
(snip a little)

Social Security is a supplement. I can imagine that

several people that didn't plan ahead could shape a space,
utilities and food and it could go quite far. They might
not be able to afford the expensive cable tv, nice cars.
But oh well, that's what you get for not planning. You could
certainly afford a bus pass or a bike.

In the greater scheme of things SS BENEFITS are rather small. However, I
know of several people (couples) who are existing quite nicely on their
SS BENEFITS.

So in many ways SS is designed to be a supplement. But the point I was
making was not about the BENEFIT payment, but about the FACT that it's
INSURANCE. I've paid into it, I already own the BENEFITS. It's not an
"entitlement". My only complaint about SS is that the TAX that pays for
it is regressive. The sure and equitable way to "save" Social Security
is to eliminate the earned income cap on the premiums (uh, TAX) that
pays for it.

In 1971 I exceeded the earned income cap to benefit from not needing to
pay the SS tax for the last two weeks of that year. I have never done
that again in my whole working career. But the point here is that the
top income earners in this country are exempt from paying into the SS
system with their huge salaries and bonuses.

I think (on the surface) it would be smart for the house

to pass that bill though. Fund the government AND bhocare.
But only as originally passed with the exception that bho
and family also abide. NO exemptions, NO delays, NO special
interest favors. The unions pay for it too.

I could argue the benefits of what you are calling "bhocare" without
once mentioning "single payer system" because that not at all what it
is. Yes, there will be some subsidies for insurance premiums but what do
you call it now when the government or the insurance companies cough up
money to pay for (very expensive) treatment for uninsured or
under-insured people who come to emergency rooms with absolutely no hope
of paying for their treatment. If they have insurance:

a: they might not have to use the emergency room for routine medical
treatment and:
b: they might be able to pay for at least some of the treatment they get
from wherever.

By the way, Unions are not customarily "employers" and so should not
have to provide insurance for members, but when they are employers, and
unions do have employees, then they indeed should provide medical
insurance for those employees.

The state I live and work in checks up on me every three months
regarding my providing medical insurance for my employees. My reply
every quarter is that I am the only employee and I have Medicare. Point
is, though, the state is keeping track and insisting that employers
either provide insurance for employees or pay a fee to the state to help
cover the subsidy the state grants to those who need it and to help fund
our Medicaid system (which is state run).

Old October 1st 13, 01:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 6:29:09 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

Though I don't like it at all. It is (more) reasonable on a state by state basis. Then one has the choice whether or not to live under that scheme and provide for those that won't provide for themselves. Like the left coast, Detroit, or NY, I can choose not to live there.

I have 6 years before I am Medicare eligible. I would prefer my private insurance to it but I do not think they will allow me to stay if I am eligible for other insurance. If bhocare isn't repealed there won't be private insurance in 6 years.

Old October 1st 13, 01:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 6:57:31 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

of paying for their treatment. If they have insurance:

a: they might not have to use the emergency room for routine medical
treatment and:
b: they might be able to pay for at least some of the treatment they get
from wherever.

Those people are still NOT going to "buy" this insurance. The "fine" is $90. And that is IF they file at all. They still won't be turned away. They will still overbreed. That will not change.
Old October 1st 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

VtSkier wrote:
On 9/30/2013 7:00 PM, pigo wrote:
On Monday, September 30, 2013 4:10:26 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

The purpose of bhocare isn't to provide care. It's to drive the

Insurance companies out of business and make the feds the only
source for insurance.

Thar's idiodic. It pushes people to get insurance, making huge increases for
insurance companies.

That's not the way I read it. It's really Romney Care and basically
forces everybody to BUY health insurance who doesn't already have it.
What you describe is a single payer system which I already have. It's
called Medicare.

Old October 1st 13, 03:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 8:30:59 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

Thar's idiodic. It pushes people to get insurance, making huge increases for
insurance companies.

You think that the slugs that just show up and expect care aren't still going to do that and still get it?

Even those that I know that are in favor of this bill admit that it's final solution is the elimination of private insurance. No pre existing conditions? Can I get that for my car and home owners? "Kids" until 26? What's the point?

Old October 1st 13, 03:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Monday, September 30, 2013 6:31:53 PM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
On Monday, September 30, 2013 6:29:09 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

Though I don't like it at all. It is (more) reasonable on a state by state basis. Then one has the choice whether or not to live under that scheme and provide for those that won't provide for themselves. Like the left coast, Detroit, or NY, I can choose not to live there.

I have 6 years before I am Medicare eligible. I would prefer my private insurance to it but I do not think they will allow me to stay if I am eligible for other insurance. If bhocare isn't repealed there won't be private insurance in 6 years.

The big mistake in ACA is that it did nothing about the biggest inefficiency in our health care system - the insane profits earned by private health care providers and insurance companies.
Old October 1st 13, 02:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 9:44:34 PM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

The big mistake in ACA is that it did nothing about the biggest inefficiency in our health care system - the insane profits earned by private health care providers and insurance companies.

My main point about that is that it's nothing about "care". It is and affordable insurance act, if that. IMO it's the system of insurance and absence of responsibility for care that it enables that is the root of the problem.

People consider "it's free" when they see only a small percentage of what is charged. If we had hotel room insurance, rooms would be $5000. We'd only pay a couple hundred bucks like now.

In my younger days I had catastrophic plans. Low payment, high deductible. I paid for stitches, sprains, Dr. visits on my own. A few hundred, sometimes in a couple of payments. Pre tax health savings to cover those costs are a good start. Penalties for those that pay no forward attention, breed beyond their means, and now indiscriminately go to the Dr. "cuz it's free" would also be helpful.
Old October 1st 13, 02:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

So being the idiot you are, you admit that you have lied the entire time about the clock tower. How pathetic. You've been playing this sick game for years. But I still found a tower with a clock on it....albeit low down.

How ridiculous. You're bragging about being a lying piece of **** who never intended to keep his word and never had the balls to show up.

What a clown! What a stupid, idiotic dickless freak!

So being the idiot that you are, you think something has changed? I never said that I was at the clock tower. I told you the clock tower didn't exist right after you didn't show up at Copper and lied about it. Then a couple of years later you bragged about being under 'a big ****ing clock' waiting at the base area. Now you claim that you found a tower with a clock on it, low down. Tell me Trunk Butt, how much more 'low down' can you be than the base area? You can't point out where on the map you were. And I even sent you a link to an interactive map that would have had any clock tower on it so anyone here could have seen it. You have no pictures (you think you would have taken one to give you proof and bragging rights). So you have not one shred of evidence that you were there and contradicting stories about where the clock was.

So, you have been proven a liar once again.

But you still claim that you were waiting under it.

No, I claim I found a tower with a clock on it. If there is any confusion, idiot, blame yourself, idiot. How pathetic.

In the past you said you were waiting under 'a big ****ing clock' so the only confusion is in your mind. We all know you are a lying piece of ****. No confusion there.

If you had actually been there you would have known that it didn't exist but since you never showed, you were never there. But keep up your wild rants about your imaginary world.

Holy ****. This is truly a wild rant about an imaginary world, where you claim for years there is a clock tower. And then **** yourself trying to rationalize what a coward you were and a you admit you never intended to show, lied about where you said you would be, and lied about showing up.

I never lied about showing up. The next time I posted after your false claim about being at Copper I told you the clock tower didn't exist. Yet you still claim you were waiting under it, even though that story has been changed several times.
Old October 1st 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:28:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:

It'll be interesting to see whether civilians complain as much about Ohblowmecare as vets complain about TriCare, and whether the quality of civilian medical care falls to the pathetic level of VA hospital and clinic care.

Good thought. I agree.

Also interesting, has anyone here actually lived under socialized medicine. Brittski? My wife has. It sucks.

I say -- give it a year.

If the past year in any indication, the next will be a series of proclamations and executive orders driving us deeper and deeper into the cluster**** that is bhocare. Exactly as he planned it and right on track to his wish to weaken and destroy America. What can he point to about Africa that he's so interested in us becoming them? Or Mexico, or Iraq????