New skis on Kickstarter

Old September 30th 13, 09:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default New skis on Kickstarter

On Monday, September 30, 2013 3:51:22 PM UTC-5, pigo wrote:

Social Security is a supplement.
But oh well, that's what you get for not planning.

****tard.

Those of us coming out of college in 1983 at the height of a perfect storm of ****ed-up politics and economics didn't land into secure $60,000 a year jobs.

Planning ain't worth a **** when you barely make subsistence wage and have zero job security. All you can plan for is -- filing for unemployment when your latest job craters.
Old September 30th 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 3:18:20 PM UTC-6, wrote:

****tard.

Those of us coming out of college in 1983 at the height of a perfect storm of ****ed-up politics and economics didn't land into secure $60,000 a year jobs.

Planning ain't worth a **** when you barely make subsistence wage and have zero job security. All you can plan for is -- filing for unemployment when your latest job craters.

Then you're going to have to bunk up with some others getting a small check. Eat cheap food and take the bus. You're not entitled to "my" money for your old age. Maybe college wasn't for you? Apparently not.

Old September 30th 13, 09:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 9/30/2013 4:51 PM, pigo wrote:
On Monday, September 30, 2013 1:21:54 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

Goodness P, you sound a lot like a very famous Vermonter, Bernie
Sanders. You bet, I'd go for that. And I'd make them accept Social
Security plus any 401K that they would like to fund themselves as their
retirement too.

Well every once and awhile I'm sure that barbara boxer says that the sky is blue too.

Then let's see how much of an "entitlement" they think Social Security
really is. It's INSURANCE, I've paid for it and will collect benefits to
the full letter of the law.

Social Security is a supplement. I can imagine that several people that didn't plan ahead could shape a space, utilities and food and it could go quite far. They might not be able to afford the expensive cable tv, nice cars. But oh well, that's what you get for not planning. You could certainly afford a bus pass or a bike.

I think (on the surface) it would be smart for the house to pass that bill though. Fund the government AND bhocare. But only as originally passed with the exception that bho and family also abide. NO exemptions, NO delays, NO special interest favors. The unions pay for it too.

yep, this where the right and left agree.
NO EXEMPTIONS
Old September 30th 13, 10:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 3:54:13 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

yep, this where the right and left agree.

NO EXEMPTIONS

I haven't heard from the left that they don't want exemptions. Most of those given are to unions and other leftist orgs.

Old September 30th 13, 10:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 9/30/2013 6:05 PM, pigo wrote:
On Monday, September 30, 2013 3:54:13 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

yep, this where the right and left agree.

NO EXEMPTIONS

I haven't heard from the left that they don't want exemptions. Most

of those given are to unions and other leftist orgs.

I haven't heard from the right that they don't want exemptions. Most of
those are given to Insurance companies, Wall Street Bankers, members of
Congress and other oxygen thieves.
Old September 30th 13, 10:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, September 30, 2013 4:35:23 PM UTC-5, pigo wrote:

Then you're going to have to bunk up with some others getting a small check. Eat cheap food and take
the bus. You're not entitled to "my" money for your old age. Maybe college wasn't for you?
Apparently not.

Eat **** and die.

After establishing a decent professional career I've made good money -- BUT -- with what I do, I've always been at the leading edge of who gets laid off first.

Regardless of that, I got to do everything you said I should have done. Guess what? If you're living on poverty wages, THERE IS NO PLAN FOR RETIREMENT. Besides dying alone and at home, or alone and in the gutter.

Talk to Hobbs about being an entitled wealthy person, as you apparently perceive yourself to be. He'll work you over even harder than I will, since he had an even harder trip up from the bottom..

Old September 30th 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, September 30, 2013 4:42:41 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Eat **** and die.

How tolerant and giving of you.

After establishing a decent professional career I've made good money -- BUT -- with what I do, I've always been at the leading edge of who gets laid off first.

Your choice. But knowing that you were "leading edge" you could have made better decisions while you made "good money".

Regardless of that, I got to do everything you said I should have done. Guess what? If you're living on poverty wages, THERE IS NO PLAN FOR RETIREMENT. Besides dying alone and at home, or alone and in the gutter.

And what is "poverty wages"? Working at McD's? And having 3 kids? Or that and getting lots of tattoos at a couple of hundred a pop?

Talk to Hobbs about being an entitled wealthy person, as you apparently perceive yourself to be. He'll work you over even harder than I will, since he had an even harder trip up from the bottom..

I'm not entitled or wealthy. When I'm short on money I don't buy cigarettes and booze. Get tattoos. Have the best tv with the best cable package. OR have a gun collection or stable of cars like you apparently do.

When low on money I shared apartments. Ate ****ty food and not lots of it. Watched over the air tv on a ****ty little 12" fuzz box.

So Hobbs wants to give his **** away to lowly lazy ****s working the system? It's a free country. But anyone advocating that without doing it themselves is full of ****.
Old September 30th 13, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

The purpose of bhocare isn't to provide care. It's to drive the Insurance companies out of business and make the feds the only source for insurance.
Old September 30th 13, 11:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

You do remember, don't you, that the bill was "deemed to have passed" by the Senate? bho wouldn't even take this POS to the house when he had the majority.

Old October 1st 13, 12:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 9/30/2013 7:00 PM, pigo wrote:
On Monday, September 30, 2013 4:10:26 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:

The purpose of bhocare isn't to provide care. It's to drive the

Insurance companies out of business and make the feds the only
source for insurance.

That's not the way I read it. It's really Romney Care and basically
forces everybody to BUY health insurance who doesn't already have it.
What you describe is a single payer system which I already have. It's
called Medicare.