La Plagne Recommendations Wanted

Old October 1st 03, 10:15 AM
NYGe

Default La Plagne Recommendations Wanted

Six of us off to La Plagne 1800 next January. Three intermediates, one
novice and two total beginners.

Does anyone have favorite trails, ski schools, hire shops, bars,
restaurants, clubs etc they can recommend. Also are there any ATM
machines in 1800, if not where are they?

I've checked out various websites and Deja but personal experience
would be more helpful.

Cheers.
Old October 2nd 03, 06:16 PM
PG

"Sarah Eggleston" wrote in message

maybe there is one now. If not, then there are two banks in
Plagne Centre and three in Aime; Plagne Centre can be easily
reached using the free navette (bus), and Aime on skis, during
lift hours.

..../...

Aime on skis from La Plagne? Was in Aime this morning, it's on the far
side of the valley to La Plagne.... with the valley floor at 700m or so,
conditions will need to be good to get to Aime!

Pete
www.grasski.org

Old October 2nd 03, 06:28 PM
J-Ph

"PG" a écrit dans le message news:

Aime on skis from La Plagne? Was in Aime this morning, it's on the far
side of the valley to La Plagne.... with the valley floor at 700m or so,
conditions will need to be good to get to Aime!

She probably meant "Aime la Plagne" (anyway, Aime la Plagne is in Aime,
isn't it ?)

JPh

Old October 2nd 03, 07:00 PM
PG

"J-Ph" wrote in message

Aime on skis from La Plagne? Was in Aime this morning, it's on the

far
side of the valley to La Plagne.... with the valley floor at 700m or

so,
conditions will need to be good to get to Aime!

She probably meant "Aime la Plagne" (anyway, Aime la Plagne is in

Aime,
isn't it ?)

Inasfar as Les Arcs is 'in' Bourg St Maurice (commune of), I get your
drift.....

Pete

Old October 3rd 03, 10:04 AM
NYGe

Colin Irvine wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:04:26 +0100, Sarah Eggleston
wrote:
Colin Irvine wrote:
I don't remember a pedestrian precinct in Plagne 1800. The
official plan does show a "Caisse d'Epargne" in 1800, so
maybe there is one now. If not, then there are two banks in
Plagne Centre and three in Aime; Plagne Centre can be easily
reached using the free navette (bus), and Aime on skis, during
lift hours.

I stand corrected - it was Plagne Centre I was thinking of.

Many thanks for all the input. Now does any one have a favorite bar?

Cheers,

Nyge
Old October 3rd 03, 10:15 AM
pete devlin

In message , NYGe
writes
Many thanks for all the input. Now does any one have a favorite bar?

Stayed there once in the Xtal chalets. ISTR that there was only one bar
worth going in and you can't really miss it, right by the side of the
main drag. Truth was that, cos we were in chalets, we were getting
mullered on the wine and then just heading out for a sly letch at the
saisonairres.
--
Pete Devlin (To email - press reply, remove Garbage Sifter)
Lossiemouth RUFC http://www.lossiemouth-rufc.co.uk
Old October 6th 03, 12:35 PM
NYGe

pete devlin wrote in message

Stayed there once in the Xtal chalets. ISTR that there was only one bar
worth going in and you can't really miss it, right by the side of the
main drag. Truth was that, cos we were in chalets, we were getting
mullered on the wine and then just heading out for a sly letch at the
saisonairres.

We will be sampling the delights of the enamel stripping chalet wine -
just after somewhere for a change, stave off the cabin fever.

Don't know about checking out the saisonairres, my wife is coming with
me for the first time in 5 years so I'll definitely have to practise
the sly letching