Train from Munick to Ötztal

Old November 1st 03, 01:23 PM
Rami Ylä-Pöntinen

Default Train from Munick to Ötztal

I'm planning to take a train from Munick to Ötztal via Innsbruck in
december? How much will I have to pay? Does anybody know?

Old November 1st 03, 02:20 PM
Anders Svennevik

Have you checked the railway websites at www.oebb.at and www.db.de ?

Anders

Old November 2nd 03, 10:45 PM
Turan Fettahoglu

Munich-Kufstein is some 13 Euros for 99km single.
Kufstein-Ötztal is 120 km, so the fare should be some 15 Euros. So the fare
should be some 28 Euros single, perhaps some more if you use the ICE train
in Germany.

Attention: the train station is at the end of the Ötztal, the bus from
Ötztal station up to your actual destination should cost a few Euros more.

Hope that helps
Turan

Old November 3rd 03, 11:22 PM
Ian Turek

Would this be a round trip? I am searching for train trip cost Munich - St.
Anton (which is approximately the same distance as Munich-Otztal) and would
appreciate the info.

I could alternatively fly to Innsbruck but the airfare is about $170 more
expansive (from Seattle) than Munich one. Of course, Munich departure on a
way home would require an aditional day (and night) on the old continent.

Thanks.