Detachable grip ski poles

Old January 10th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Detachable grip ski poles

Bob F wrote:
I can't imagine how an ice axe could help initiate turns either.

"Turn, or I'll whack you with this ice axe."

What's hard to imagine?

//Walt
Old January 10th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:41:51 -0800 (PST), TexasSkiNut
wrote this crap:

During my brief attempts at snowboarding, I was amazed at how hard it
was to use a snowboard to stop a slide on hard-packed snow. It was

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old January 10th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
D.

ENOUGH with the ****ING ski poles !
Dick

Old January 11th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Harry Weiner wrote:

wrote this crap:

During my brief attempts at snowboarding, I was amazed at how hard it
was to use a snowboard to stop a slide on hard-packed snow. It was

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

I thought the theory was that it was easier on your knees. Providing
you always fall on your butt, that is...

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 11th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

wrote this crap:

During my brief attempts at snowboarding, I was amazed at how hard it
was to use a snowboard to stop a slide on hard-packed snow. It was

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

So you can say to the abusive Boardy "I can board, can you ski?"?

--

Chris *:-)

Old January 11th 08, 11:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:46:59 -0000, "MoonMan"
wrote this crap:

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

So you can say to the abusive Boardy "I can board, can you ski?"?

Don't you do that anyway?

Old January 11th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

wrote this crap:

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

So you can say to the abusive Boardy "I can board, can you ski?"?

Don't you do that anyway?

well, yeah, but it's good to be able to back it up...

--

Chris *:-)

Old January 11th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Harry Weiner wrote:

wrote this crap:

During my brief attempts at snowboarding, I was amazed at how hard it
was to use a snowboard to stop a slide on hard-packed snow. It was

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

I thought the theory was that it was easier on your knees. Providing you
always fall on your butt, that is...

It's a lot more work on my quads. And my answer to the first question - Why not?
I can now ski, telemark, and snowboard, and have fun with all.

Learning new things is what makes life interesting.

Old January 11th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:39:53 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote this crap:

If you're a good skier, why would you even WANT to try snowboarding?

It's a lot more work on my quads. And my answer to the first question - Why not?
I can now ski, telemark, and snowboard, and have fun with all.

I guess you're not good at any of those.