URGENT: Need 2 riders for heliboarding in Courmayeur - 14-15th of January

Old January 5th 06, 07:14 PM

Default URGENT: Need 2 riders for heliboarding in Courmayeur - 14-15th of January

Hi,

My name is Marco. I am trying to book a heli-freeride package in
Courmayeur (Northern Italy), just behind Mt. Blanc. The company
(www.guidecourmayeur.com) offers affordable and sick packages for three

people, they provide a guide and helicopter. Following are the details
of the package I am trying to book for the 14th and 15th of November:

"Heli - Freeride "Discovery".
A Freeride weekend: two trips by helicopter combined with respective
descents and different off-piste routes in the Courmayeur Ski Circuit.
This programme with an altitude difference of 5000 - 6000 mt. will
satisfy even the most demanding Freerider.
Programme.
Saturday: Meet at 8.30 at the Mont Blanc cable car. Check of
personal
equipment and ascent by cable car to P. Helbronner 3462 mt. (30
minutes). Off-piste descent on the Toula Glacier. Transfer to Val Veny
by car to continue the off piste itinerary of the Checrouit circuit.
Day ends at 4.30 p.m..
Sunday: Meet between 8 and 9 a.m. (depending on when the helicopter is
available) at the helicopter base. First trip to A. des Glacier 3706 mt

for the first descent. Second trip from Combal Lake 2036 mt to Mont
Fortin 2811 mt for the second descent to meet the lifts of the
Checrouit - Val Veny circuit. More off-piste here. Day ends 4 - 4.30
p=2Em
Specific Information
Group: 3 people per Guide
Cost: 505,00 Euro per person.
Cost includes: Services of a mountain guide. 2 Helicopter flights,
accident insurance with mountain rescue. =BD board in hotel *** star.
ARVA and climbing harness supplied if needed. 2-day ski-pass.
Cost not included: Anything not specified
Cost excluded hotel and Skipass: 360,00 Euro per person
Minimum level required: Skiers/snowboarders used to off-piste,
able to
ski anywhere in any sort of snow be it without style.
Period: January - April
Dates : Every weekend of the above period.
Who can participate: Individuals, groups families etc.
Equipment: Normal ski-snowboard equipment, ARVA, climbing harness.
(We
recommend off piste skis and soft boards and a rucksack) It is possible

to hire skies, board, boots and poles in local hire shops"

As you can see it is very affordable. I am on my own so I need two
other riders. I have talked with the company and they don't have any
groups booked for those dates!!!! That means fresh and untracked snow
just for us!!! If you are interested drop me a note ASAP to my email:
=20

Thanks and fresh pow for everyone!=20

Marco

Old January 6th 06, 03:28 PM

Do what you want, but i (living on the other side of the M. Blanc) never
would support heliskiing in an area much frequented like the Alps. Heli
Skiing, may be in Canada it's ok. In the Alps definitely not!

Greetings,

Uli

Marco M schrieb:
[...]

p.m
Specific Information
Group: 3 people per Guide
Cost: 505,00 Euro per person.
Cost includes: Services of a mountain guide. 2 Helicopter flights,
accident insurance with mountain rescue. ½ board in hotel *** star.

Old January 6th 06, 03:51 PM

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:28:03 +0100, Uli Hausmann
wrote:

Do what you want, but i (living on the other side of the M. Blanc) never
would support heliskiing in an area much frequented like the Alps. Heli
Skiing, may be in Canada it's ok. In the Alps definitely not!

Why not. I've done a handful of heli drops in the alps, and they gave
access to terrain that was only accessible by serious ski
mountaineering otherwise.

Of course, the best place for heli is Russia ... :-)
--
Champ
Old January 7th 06, 09:38 AM

Champ schrieb:

Why not. I've done a handful of heli drops in the alps, and they gave
access to terrain that was only accessible by serious ski
mountaineering otherwise.

First of all for ecological reasons (in Norway e.g. there's no motorized
vehicle outside of official routes allowed - no heli, no SUV ecc.). Then
exactly for the reason you're mentioning: It's not fun to skin up let's
say Rosa-Blanche or Petit Combin and see all that skiers brought up by
heli come down ... :-(

Greetings,

Uli
Old January 8th 06, 03:32 PM

First of all for ecological reasons (in Norway e.g. there's no motorized
vehicle outside of official routes allowed - no heli, no SUV ecc.). Then
exactly for the reason you're mentioning: It's not fun to skin up let's
say Rosa-Blanche or Petit Combin and see all that skiers brought up by
heli come down ... :-(

I fully agree after similar experience on Monte Rosa and Pigne d'Arolla.
Heliskiing should be complety banned in Europe (Alpes).

rgds dickie

Old January 9th 06, 12:05 PM

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:38:40 GMT, Uli Hausmann
allegedly wrote:

Champ schrieb:

Why not. I've done a handful of heli drops in the alps, and they gave
access to terrain that was only accessible by serious ski
mountaineering otherwise.

First of all for ecological reasons (in Norway e.g. there's no motorized
vehicle outside of official routes allowed - no heli, no SUV ecc.).

If you want to save the environment, there are bigger polluters than
helicopters. Just look at all the traffic through the Mt Blanc tunnel.

Then
exactly for the reason you're mentioning: It's not fun to skin up let's
say Rosa-Blanche or Petit Combin and see all that skiers brought up by
heli come down ... :-(

Ah, so your stance comes from elitism? You work hard to get to these
spots and some slacker swoops in and steals your lines.

And yet, in both cases you're happy for heli drops to carry on in Canada.
Why the double standard?
Old January 9th 06, 05:38 PM

Switters schrieb:

If you want to save the environment, there are bigger polluters than
helicopters. Just look at all the traffic through the Mt Blanc tunnel.

That's the usual reasoning of those who don't want to change anything:
Look at the others!

Then
exactly for the reason you're mentioning: It's not fun to skin up let's
say Rosa-Blanche or Petit Combin and see all that skiers brought up by
heli come down ... :-(

Ah, so your stance comes from elitism? You work hard to get to these
spots and some slacker swoops in and steals your lines.

And yet, in both cases you're happy for heli drops to carry on in Canada.
Why the double standard?

Sorry, who's elitist? Those who skin up, or those who pay something like
400 Euros (= the price of a seasonal in a minor station or half a
seasonal in a bigger one, just to have some resonable relation!!!) for
one Petit Combin???? Crazy :-\ :-\

Uli
Old January 10th 06, 11:05 AM

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:38:19 GMT, Uli Hausmann
allegedly wrote:

And yet, in both cases you're happy for heli drops to carry on in
Canada. Why the double standard?

You failed to answer this question though, which I'm still interested in
hearing.
Old January 10th 06, 11:29 AM

Hi Switters

And yet, in both cases you're happy for heli drops to carry on in
Canada. Why the double standard?

You failed to answer this question though, which I'm still interested in
hearing.

I know Uli personally and I am quite sure is like me definitely not
happy about helidrops anywhere on the world, but he can accept them
better in Canada than in the Alps, because the country is that wide and
there is a lot of space for the wildlife to escape from the heli noises
(and skiiers disturbing their winter places).

Florian
Old January 12th 06, 02:31 PM

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:38:19 +0100, Uli Hausmann
wrote:

Switters schrieb:

If you want to save the environment, there are bigger polluters than
helicopters. Just look at all the traffic through the Mt Blanc tunnel.

That's the usual reasoning of those who don't want to change anything:
Look at the others!

Recreational use of helicopters in the mountains may *look* like a big
deal, but, really, it's a tiny, tiny drop in the ocean compared to all
the things which are part and parcel of the "western lifestyle".
Banning heli (as it is in France) is nothing more than tokenism, and
is really lazy thinking, imo.

Then
exactly for the reason you're mentioning: It's not fun to skin up let's
say Rosa-Blanche or Petit Combin and see all that skiers brought up by
heli come down ... :-(

Why? I've done some big-ish hikes ( 4 hours) in the alps, and you
have to make the hike part of the experience. If you're saying that
seeing someone arrive by helicopter really spoils it for you, then I
don't think you have the right attitude to hiking/skinning. If there
was so much heli use that it trashed the snow, you might have a point,
but I'm sure that's not the case.

Sorry, who's elitist? Those who skin up, or those who pay something like
400 Euros (= the price of a seasonal in a minor station or half a
seasonal in a bigger one, just to have some resonable relation!!!) for
one Petit Combin???? Crazy :-\ :-\

Check your prices. I think the last time I did heli in .ch, we paid
about 100 euros for a drop that gave us about a two hour descent.
--
Champ