Ping, Foot2Foot

Old April 25th 05, 06:52 PM
VtSkier

Default Ping, Foot2Foot

So I've noticed a fair number of handles here of people
who have nothing to do with, nor any interest in skiing.

Now I know Scott has been posting, but please recall that
I, and several others, said that if you continued with
your campaign of trying to limit personal attacks against
yourself that you would draw usenet kooks whose joy in
life it to poke verbally at people and cause grief.

I'm not saying that you were the cause of these "visits",
after all Scott does actually have a bigger draw than
you, but...

My killfile has just grown by leaps and bounds. You are
NOT in it, but your responses to these kooks, mean that
I have to at least open the posts to get them off my
reader.

May I suggest that you, and I and yunlong and others
continue our good natured spat about what constitutes
good/bad/indifferent skiing and let the "visitors" go
home without any satisfaction.

VtSkier
Old April 25th 05, 07:01 PM
Mary Malmros

VtSkier wrote:

May I suggest that you, and I and yunlong and others
continue our good natured spat about what constitutes
good/bad/indifferent skiing and let the "visitors" go
home without any satisfaction.

Or better yet, TAKE IT TO EMAIL.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old April 25th 05, 07:38 PM
Walt

Mary Malmros wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

May I suggest that you, and I and yunlong and others
continue our good natured spat about what constitutes
good/bad/indifferent skiing and let the "visitors" go
home without any satisfaction.

Or better yet, TAKE IT TO EMAIL.

Nah, keep it here out in the open.

And pass the popcorn, it's going to be a long summer.

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 25th 05, 07:52 PM
VtSkier

Walt wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

May I suggest that you, and I and yunlong and others
continue our good natured spat about what constitutes
good/bad/indifferent skiing and let the "visitors" go
home without any satisfaction.

Or better yet, TAKE IT TO EMAIL.

Nah, keep it here out in the open.

And pass the popcorn, it's going to be a long summer.

Yeah, and Walt, please continue with your occasional $0.02.
It's often refreshing and gets a laugh when things get
too serious. And Mary, for pity sake, we need to do
SOMETHING for the summer.

My other activities will be back road biking (on a mountain
bike and some of the "roads" will include fire trails and
logging roads), building yet another addition to my house
and being gainfully employed.

My transportation for the summer will be my classic
Gold Wing motorcycle (classic or old?) when practical and
sometimes when it's not.

Hopefully I can get my canoe out for a bit of flat water
fishing. But probably not.

VtSkier
Old April 25th 05, 08:01 PM
Walt

VtSkier wrote:
So I've noticed a fair number of handles here of people
who have nothing to do with, nor any interest in skiing.

Most of the recent arrivals are from alt.2600, a hackers newsgroup,
replying to posts that are crossposted between rsa and a26k.

They're here because somebody crossposted to their group. Or another way
to look at it is that we're in their group, even if we have no interest
in hacking.

So, who invited them? (he asks rhetorically, not really expecting a reply)

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 25th 05, 08:18 PM
Walt

VtSkier wrote:

Walt wrote:

...pass the popcorn, it's going to be a long summer.

Yeah, and Walt, please continue with your occasional $0.02.
It's often refreshing and gets a laugh when things get
too serious. And Mary, for pity sake, we need to do
SOMETHING for the summer.

My other activities will be back road biking (on a mountain
bike and some of the "roads" will include fire trails and
logging roads), building yet another addition to my house
and being gainfully employed.

My transportation for the summer will be my classic
Gold Wing motorcycle (classic or old?) when practical and
sometimes when it's not.

Hopefully I can get my canoe out for a bit of flat water
fishing. But probably not.

I expect my summer to consist of competitive sailing, recreational
sailing, low-level kayaking, and mediocre humor. Not bad humor, mind
you, just mediocre. And that's not a threat, just a warning.

--
//-Walt
//
Old April 25th 05, 10:03 PM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

May I suggest that you, and I and yunlong and others
continue our good natured spat about what constitutes
good/bad/indifferent skiing and let the "visitors" go
home without any satisfaction.

Or better yet, TAKE IT TO EMAIL.

Nah, keep it here out in the open.

And pass the popcorn, it's going to be a long summer.

Summer?! Spring just arrived today. Enjoyed it with a couple of
VtSkier's friends. We have 5 weeks of Spring skiing to conquer before we
can think of summer.
Old April 25th 05, 10:06 PM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

May I suggest that you, and I and yunlong and others
continue our good natured spat about what constitutes
good/bad/indifferent skiing and let the "visitors" go
home without any satisfaction.

Or better yet, TAKE IT TO EMAIL.

Nah, keep it here out in the open.

And pass the popcorn, it's going to be a long summer.

Summer?! Spring just arrived today. Enjoyed it with a couple of
VtSkier's friends. We have 5 weeks of Spring skiing to conquer before we
can think of summer.

Oh, good, they made it. I wasn't sure that they would.
Good skiers, both of them.
Old April 25th 05, 10:36 PM
ant

VtSkier wrote:
So I've noticed a fair number of handles here of people
who have nothing to do with, nor any interest in skiing.

Now I know Scott has been posting, but please recall that
I, and several others, said that if you continued with
your campaign of trying to limit personal attacks against
yourself that you would draw usenet kooks whose joy in
life it to poke verbally at people and cause grief.

Ummm, actually, most of them arrived when Foot cross-posted something to
alt.2600.

ant

Old April 25th 05, 10:41 PM
VtSkier

ant wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

So I've noticed a fair number of handles here of people
who have nothing to do with, nor any interest in skiing.

Now I know Scott has been posting, but please recall that
I, and several others, said that if you continued with
your campaign of trying to limit personal attacks against
yourself that you would draw usenet kooks whose joy in
life it to poke verbally at people and cause grief.

Ummm, actually, most of them arrived when Foot cross-posted something to
alt.2600.

ant

I missed part of that. I've crossed posted stuff quite
inadvertently from time to time, hopefully not here, but
maybe. Just because I answered a post that was already
cross-posted.

OT- PING Jay Pique Jay Alpine Skiing 5 January 16th 05 04:35 AM
Ping Astro klaus Alpine Skiing 0 December 15th 04 07:49 PM
Ping Ping Walt Alpine Skiing 11 May 14th 04 03:37 PM
Ping: Assholepax, stalking freak and pathological liar. scottabe Alpine Skiing 10 March 22nd 04 01:51 AM