76 posts about that helmet topic

Old August 24th 04, 04:52 PM
32 degrees

Default 76 posts about that helmet topic

Anyone who reads all 76 posts is an idiot.
Just stirring the pot, sorry couldnt resist.
I think this is an RSN world record for number of posts related to one
topic?
Does anyone keep RSN statistics? Jay T? Ken? Potter?

JK

Hoping for snow so we can debate much more fun topics ... swix vs toko wax,
fischer vs madshus skis, birkie vs vasaloppet, Norway vs sweden

Old August 25th 04, 01:32 AM
sknyski

Sorry, my bad.

I'll be skiing.......TOMORROW.

bt
Old August 25th 04, 04:55 PM
JMC

"32 degrees" wrote in message
Anyone who reads all 76 posts is an idiot.
Just stirring the pot, sorry couldnt resist.
I think this is an RSN world record for number of posts related to one
topic?
Does anyone keep RSN statistics? Jay T? Ken? Potter?

JK

Hoping for snow so we can debate much more fun topics ... swix vs toko

wax,
fischer vs madshus skis, birkie vs vasaloppet, Norway vs sweden

Also hoping for snow, so you don't have to kill time counting posts!

While I did not count them I did read a few of them and can't help but add
my input. Including the 2 posts above, if your count is right, this will
make it 79.

When cycling, snowboarding, downhilling, rollerskating or ice skating, I
wear a helmet 'cause I like to go fast, I can fall, I can get badly injured.

My teenage kids have to wear a helmet for those sports. Until they turn 18.
Then they'll decide for themselves.

When running or xc skiing, I don't wear a helmet. I'm so slow, I just can't
see how I could get badly hurt!

That you do or don't wear a helmet, I don't care. This is your decision, not
mine.

I don't want no law to force people to wear a helmet*

____________

This being said, we Canadians have a problem: Medicare. Every year,
taxpayers pay thousand in taxes to cover public healthcare costs. In the
USA, my understanding is that if you get injuries (including those which a
helmet could have prevented), either you or your own private insurance pays
for the medical expenses. In Canada, we all must pay for you. The danger
here is that some people may push for a helmet law, hoping to save a few tax
dollars. Worse, they could ask for a law that would deny you of free health
benefits should your injuries could have been prevented by a helmet.

Don't worry, I will fight against those laws. I will fight to protect this
privilege I have, paying for you, the same way I pay for couch potatoes and
obeses who get heart attacks, smokers who get throat and lung cancer, etc.
This privilege is a vital part of a concept called democratic society.

JMC

* Greece does have a law making it mandatory to have a helmet when riding
(ok, it's motorcycle riding). This law does not say that you have to wear it
on your head. Look at the end of the 1st minute of this clip:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/...08170700_1.asx ; )

Old August 26th 04, 01:32 PM
Serge

The record belongs to rec.sport paddle group topic:

sponsons really work! (BS) - 89 posts

Sponsons are safety device too, but unlike helmets
they don't really work too well.