waiste width widest? for big size boots?

Old January 9th 05, 03:34 PM
Mario

Default waiste width widest? for big size boots?

Hello,

What are the brands and/or models of boards with the widest waiste
width ? for a person wearing 46 ( 13 ) size boots?

If I will use approx angle of 22 deg and 7 deg. what waiste width
board u recommend me ?

Thanks,

Mario
Old January 10th 05, 06:10 PM
bri719

Mario wrote:

Hello,

What are the brands and/or models of boards with the widest waiste
width ? for a person wearing 46 ( 13 ) size boots?

If I will use approx angle of 22 deg and 7 deg. what waiste width
board u recommend me ?

look for something about 26.5cm or so...even up to about a 27 width if
you're really worried

good luck,
bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old January 10th 05, 06:11 PM
bri719

Switters wrote:

It also depends on the size of the outside of your boots.

Chances are though, you want something at least 270mm, if not more. Have
a look at the K2 Trucker (if they still do it), or the Donek Sasquatch. I
see the Burton's have been creeping down in size - the Canyon isn't as
wide as it used to be.

Ride Fleetwood is another one to check out.

almost every company makes a wide board but that's a pretty good one.

bri

Old January 10th 05, 10:19 PM
Riding Wolf

Ride Fleetwood is another one to check out.

Yep Fleetwood is quite wide I have a 55(155cm) and size 46 like you my rear
foot is at about 0° not sure as it's not show on my bindings.
Anyway I'm looking for a new board as my 55 is really too small for me, but
still wide enough.

Currently trying to get my hands on a Option Sansalone Wide 165 04/05, but
is very hard in Europe

Old January 11th 05, 02:18 AM
bri719

Riding Wolf wrote:

Currently trying to get my hands on a Option Sansalone Wide 165 04/05, but
is very hard in Europe

OK right on....I think you're on the right track. good luck :-)

bri

--
* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD to reply

Old January 11th 05, 07:53 AM
Switters

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:11:53 GMT, bri719
allegedly wrote:

almost every company makes a wide board but that's a pretty good one.

You say that, but I guess it depends on what is considered as wide.
Burton's Canyon has been reduced from 272mm when they first came out to
262mm this season. 262 is wider, but I don't consider it wide.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old January 11th 05, 07:28 PM
bri719

Switters wrote:

You say that, but I guess it depends on what is considered as wide.
Burton's Canyon has been reduced from 272mm when they first came out to
262mm this season. 262 is wider, but I don't consider it wide.

true, I'd agree with that...no idea why they would make such a drastic
change. but they are Burton after all -- can't ever really trust them
to do what's expected.

personally I think the whole mid-wide board phenomenon got huge with the
'04 models and then I heard (surprisingly) that even more manufacturers
were going this way with the '05 models, so maybe that's it.

bri