Conditions in Chamonix??

Old December 20th 04, 09:36 AM
Michael Bartlett

Default Conditions in Chamonix??

I see that quite a lot of snow was predicted for the weekend just gone -
did it happen and how's it looking out there? I fly on the 23rd and have
been a little nervous owing to the lack of lovely white stuff...
Old December 20th 04, 01:03 PM
John Ricketts

Looks like quite a lot the area is opening up this week. Check out this
site:
http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/en/tour/index.html and click on the links
at the top left for information on which lifts are currently open. Looks
like there's 1 metre of fresh stuff at the tops, and even 10 to 15cm in the
town.

Enjoy it, then drop us a line with an up to date report! I'm over there
myself for the annual trip in a few weeks!

Old December 20th 04, 01:48 PM
WeatherCam

"John Ricketts" wrote in message
Looks like quite a lot the area is opening up this week. Check out this
site:
http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/en/tour/index.html and click on the

links
at the top left for information on which lifts are currently open. Looks
like there's 1 metre of fresh stuff at the tops, and even 10 to 15cm in

the
town.

Enjoy it, then drop us a line with an up to date report! I'm over there
myself for the annual trip in a few weeks!

"Michael Bartlett" wrote in message
I see that quite a lot of snow was predicted for the weekend just gone -
did it happen and how's it looking out there? I fly on the 23rd and have
been a little nervous owing to the lack of lovely white stuff...

I'm driving out to Les Houches on the 27/12 - originally was not hoping for
much until the charts started looking much better 10 days ago - quite a bit
of snow fell as rain at lower altitudes on Sunday, but again looking towards
next weekend, it would seem at the moment that another big depression will
be tracking across dumping again - hey Les Houches might end up being one of
the few places open - well one can always fantasise!!!!

Have quite a few mates out there and recieved one text on Sun "its dumping !
Corn flakes sized snow...."

Here's hoping - mind you this is a family holiday, so I'm being very casual
and not getting too excited & making any plans - anyway conditions with all
this wind, rain, snow, followed by more snow and rain on B all base will
only provide trecherous conditions.

Old December 20th 04, 02:58 PM
Greg Hilton

Michael Bartlett wrote in news:1103539016.266548
@shiraz:

I see that quite a lot of snow was predicted for the weekend just gone -
did it happen and how's it looking out there? I fly on the 23rd and have
been a little nervous owing to the lack of lovely white stuff...

This link should cheer you up

http://www.natives.co.uk/news/2004/12/19cham.htm

regards,

greg