Weather 'n SMS

Old January 20th 05, 07:28 PM
Andrew Bond

Default Weather 'n SMS

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and after a recent trip to Cham I'm all boarded up
;-)

I run a weather site in the UK called Metcheck and we provide SMS forecasts
to skiers in the Alps whilst they are out there to let them know of the
expected conditions for the next day :-

http://www.metcheck.com/snow/

As many of the users here are States side, would you think a similar system
would work well over there? If there are any ideas/improvements which you
think we could make then please do let me know.

Regards,

Andrew

Old January 20th 05, 07:41 PM
jayp

Andrew Bond wrote:

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and after a recent trip to Cham I'm all boarded up
;-)

I run a weather site in the UK called Metcheck and we provide SMS forecasts
to skiers in the Alps whilst they are out there to let them know of the
expected conditions for the next day :-

http://www.metcheck.com/snow/

As many of the users here are States side, would you think a similar system
would work well over there? If there are any ideas/improvements which you
think we could make then please do let me know.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew,
what about that large chunk of thr pyrenees in Spain?
JayP
Old January 21st 05, 09:59 AM
Koos van den Hout

Andrew Bond wrote:

I run a weather site in the UK called Metcheck and we provide SMS forecasts
to skiers in the Alps whilst they are out there to let them know of the
expected conditions for the next day :-

As many of the users here are States side, would you think a similar system
would work well over there?

SMS is just getting started in the US. But it is in its infancy, and for
example the phone companies never got SMS traffic between different phone
companies working so they now have Verisign (yes, the same) as
intermediate.

You may want to check the telecom digest (a real old-fashioned mailing list
) on this subject. Loads of knowledge about US and other countries
telecom there. http://telecom-digest.org/ to get started and search
archives.

Koos (no expert on this subject,
but fan of telecom digest)

--
Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?)