How much pow is enough?

Old January 15th 05, 07:42 PM
id

Default How much pow is enough?

What would be a reasonable amount of snowfall to get in an 18 day
vacation? How about 22 ft - an average of 14 inches a day? The storm of
the century started when I arrived and stopped just before I left...
Iain (smug *******)
Kirkwood (Tahoe): stormin....
Coming up: review of Burton Triumph 173... (it's a lunker but it's sweet)
Old January 16th 05, 02:19 AM
Mike T

What would be a reasonable amount of snowfall to get in an 18 day
vacation? How about 22 ft - an average of 14 inches a day? The storm of
the century started when I arrived and stopped just before I left...
Iain (smug *******)
Kirkwood (Tahoe): stormin....
Coming up: review of Burton Triumph 173... (it's a lunker but it's sweet)

Shut up. Just shut up!

Mike T, powderless at Hood

Old January 17th 05, 11:16 AM
Champ

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:42:31 +0000, id no@id wrote:

What would be a reasonable amount of snowfall to get in an 18 day
vacation? How about 22 ft - an average of 14 inches a day? The storm of
the century started when I arrived and stopped just before I left...

Jeez - did the storm intensify after I left? I thought it was 100
(ish) inches over the first 8 days, so you must have got even more
after I left.

Iain (smug *******)
Kirkwood (Tahoe): stormin....

Did you get to Mammoth?

Coming up: review of Burton Triumph 173... (it's a lunker but it's sweet)

So, you bought it then? From TriCity? And what's a a "lunker"?

--
Champ
Old January 18th 05, 06:54 PM
id

Champ wrote:

Jeez - did the storm intensify after I left? I thought it was 100
(ish) inches over the first 8 days, so you must have got even more
after I left.

Yes, the whole storm cycle repeated itself, complete with bluebird day
at the end. I got first tracks (straightlining) in the sun under chair 4
after it had been shut for 3 days :-)

Did you get to Mammoth?

No, prevented by the storm...

Coming up: review of Burton Triumph 173... (it's a lunker but it's sweet)

So, you bought it then? From TriCity? And what's a a "lunker"?

Bought from Out of Bounds in Carson City - a good shop. I took a core
shot in Eagle Bowl on my very first descent with the new board - they
fixed it with a base weld that evening free of charge. Oh, and a lunker
is a derogatory term (like strapper or chainer) which applies to
anything longer that mb4matic's longest board :-)

Iain
Old January 18th 05, 07:59 PM
Mike T

Oh, and a lunker is a derogatory term (like strapper or chainer) which
applies to anything longer that mb4matic's longest board :-)

LOL!

So how many lunkers do I have:

Donek Wide 161
Donek Incline 168
Madd 170
Donek Axis 172
OSin 4807 178
Coiler AM 182 Custom
Coiler PR 188

-Mike T

Old January 18th 05, 09:42 PM
og

Lost another ski yesterday.. It hit a condo near the base 1k ft.
below! It was sitting at the base of 6 later that day

Oh, and a lunker
is a derogatory term (like strapper or chainer) which applies to
anything longer that mb4matic's longest board :-)

Horse Face, slider, etc. etc..

Lunker:

NOUN: Informal Something, especially a snowboard, that is large for its
kind.

Old January 19th 05, 11:23 AM
Switters

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:42:16 GMT, "og" allegedly
wrote:

Lost another ski yesterday.. It hit a condo near the base 1k ft.
below! It was sitting at the base of 6 later that day

Wow - that's service! You don't get *that* in Europe. :-)

Oh, and a lunker
is a derogatory term (like strapper or chainer) which applies to
anything longer that mb4matic's longest board :-)

Horse Face, slider, etc. etc..

Lunker:

NOUN: Informal Something, especially a snowboard, that is large for its
kind.

LOL. I still use "strapper" and "chainer" these days.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old January 19th 05, 03:00 PM
Champ

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:54:53 +0000, id no@id wrote:

Champ wrote:

Jeez - did the storm intensify after I left? I thought it was 100
(ish) inches over the first 8 days, so you must have got even more
after I left.

Yes, the whole storm cycle repeated itself, complete with bluebird day
at the end. I got first tracks (straightlining) in the sun under chair 4
after it had been shut for 3 days :-)

Sweet.

Coming up: review of Burton Triumph 173... (it's a lunker but it's sweet)

So, you bought it then? From TriCity?

Bought from Out of Bounds in Carson City - a good shop. I took a core
shot in Eagle Bowl on my very first descent with the new board - they
fixed it with a base weld that evening free of charge.

Yeah, the guys in there seemed to know about the hardware, even if the
girls were obviously just hangers-on who knew nothing about the
clothing.

And what's a a "lunker"?

Oh, and a lunker
is a derogatory term (like strapper or chainer) which applies to
anything longer that mb4matic's longest board :-)

heh. I see he's back as 'og' now.
--
Champ