Stress test on Mammoth gondola?

Old June 1st 15, 01:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Stress test on Mammoth gondola?

This morning while killing time with my coffee and donut, I clicked into the Mammoth webcams and saw a curious thing. From the Main Lodge cam, it looked like they were running the gondola forward and backward, with quick stops each way that made the cars swing widely. I assumed it was before opening to the public for the day for bike park, mountain hikers and casual tourists.
Old June 1st 15, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 9:25:59 PM UTC-4, Richard Henry wrote:
This morning while killing time with my coffee and donut, I clicked into the Mammoth webcams and saw a curious thing. From the Main Lodge cam, it looked like they were running the gondola forward and backward, with quick stops each way that made the cars swing widely. I assumed it was before opening to the public for the day for bike park, mountain hikers and casual tourists.

Based on the snow season they had, it seems like MTBers, hikers, and casual tourists might be their main source of revenue this year.

Dave