A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Stress test on Mammoth gondola?

Old June 1st 15, 01:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

Default Stress test on Mammoth gondola?

This morning while killing time with my coffee and donut, I clicked into the Mammoth webcams and saw a curious thing. From the Main Lodge cam, it looked like they were running the gondola forward and backward, with quick stops each way that made the cars swing widely. I assumed it was before opening to the public for the day for bike park, mountain hikers and casual tourists.
Ads
Old June 1st 15, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Stress test on Mammoth gondola?

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 9:25:59 PM UTC-4, Richard Henry wrote:
This morning while killing time with my coffee and donut, I clicked into the Mammoth webcams and saw a curious thing. From the Main Lodge cam, it looked like they were running the gondola forward and backward, with quick stops each way that made the cars swing widely. I assumed it was before opening to the public for the day for bike park, mountain hikers and casual tourists.

Based on the snow season they had, it seems like MTBers, hikers, and casual tourists might be their main source of revenue this year.

Dave