Please help me analyze my technique (vids + pictures)

Old February 5th 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default Please help me analyze my technique (vids + pictures)

wrote:
Wow, these are great instructions - thank you! Need to read them for
few days and think about the whole thing, but perhaps you guys have
some pictures or better, videos that show the difference between
crossover and crossunder turns?

The following demos don't include much leg flexion/extension. Add more, and the
performance improves.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/7...-crossover.htm

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/7...crossunder.htm

Just google for "snowboard crossunder turn" or "snowboard crossover turn". You
will likely find more. As I just did.

Old February 5th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Bob F wrote:

I really like both my feet at near zero - straight across the board. Virtually
all the instructors I ride with are similar.

Symmetrical stances allow you to exploit riding switch, which is fun and
also necessary if you are at all interested in freestyle. They also
allow you to land jumps more easily. Furthermore, they are popular and
therefore ski schools sometimes mandate that instructors teach in that
stance.

However, if your goal is pure carving, then forward stances work better
IMO. The reason is that they allow you to keep your weight more over
the edge, and also to use your knees and legs more, whereas straight
across means hanging your butt out over the edge and using a lot of
ankle flexion.

Of course, you get some stuff in-between. Rob Stevens, who is the
national director for CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard
Instructors) and also a level IV instructor, rides +30, -5 or something
like that in softies. He posts quite a lot on bomberonline, well worth
searching for his posts for tips.

Neil

vids sapporo sprint Worlds [email protected] Nordic Skiing 6 February 26th 07 02:54 AM
vids??? [email protected] Nordic Skiing 3 January 24th 07 12:44 AM
cool Vids martin haynes Snowboarding 0 May 10th 05 08:07 PM
Vids FITZGERALD Nordic Skiing 0 February 21st 05 11:22 PM
Playing Janne-Vids on old Mac? [email protected] Nordic Skiing 3 February 9th 05 06:08 PM