Hey! I made the cover of NYT today!

Old February 15th 04, 06:40 AM
Jeff Potter

Default Hey! I made the cover of NYT today!

Well, pretty much.

The story was: Amazon glitch embarrasses famous nasty book reviewers.

Last week in Canada, Amazon.com accidently did something that exposed
all the anonymous book reviewers: they were revealed to be famous people
sniping at each other and giving themselves great reviews. They were
revealed NOT to be me and my pals.

About a quarter of the article was spent on a nifty feud I was involved
in with my group, the US's only literary activist group, the ULA. We had
been venomously and anonymously attacked on Amazon for supposedly
writing negative reviews of some books. We didn't do it. We always claim
credit for whatever we do, are upfront and even civil about our
activism. We defended ourselves politely. Our anonymous crazed attackers
were today outted as famous writers. And we were vindicated. It was
pretty cool and fun. I respond to the situation further at our own
website at http://LiteraryRevolution.com with a bit of further analysis
resulting in a news scoop that the NYT reporter wasn't comfy getting
into.

It's not skiing, but it got my heart-rate up! : )

....And I did do a max effort 1.5 hrs on the ole touring skis this
afternoon, to boot.

Pretty cool to get emails from NYT reporters, I tell ya.

--

Jeff Potter
****