Scottie Sighting

Old February 12th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default Scottie Sighting

In article ,
Dave Stallard wrote:

I notice you call it a "cheap shot", but you don't deny it!

Dave, if you have to take a cheap shot, you're already whipped.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 12th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
twobuddha wrote:

Once again, Alan Baker cannot accept reality. Jeff and I actually had
a chance to hear each other speak and related quite well before we
figured out the connection. Jackson, Tuesday night. You weren't
there, but you'll deny it and lie about it....as usual

I've always avoided these threads. Having the experience of actually meeting,
and seeing the response this has generated, I do find this curiously
phenomenological. I'm waiting for some idiot to slam me for name-dropping.
It's not my fault that everybody that is somebody ends up in Jackson Hole
sooner or later.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 12th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
figured out the connection. Jackson, Tuesday night. You weren't
there, but you'll deny it and lie about it....as usual

I'll deny that I wasn't in Jackson? That's weird even for you, Scottie.

No. Deny that we actually met in person. And lie about it to defend
your vitreolic missconception. "Jackson, Tuesday night," would be the
object of the modifying sentence refering to the fact that we met. Your
lack of comprehension doesn't lend substance to your mindless retort.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 12th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Jeff Davis wrote:
In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

Really? You live at a rock climbing gym?

Really. Hawks and I grew up in the same neighborhood. He's Gerry Spence's
Step son. I went to High School with Kent Spence. Brents Hawks owns the
Teton Rock Gym, and I live behind it. Rent free.

zOMFG!!! You know Kent Spense? *AND* Brents Hawks?

Wow, dude, I didn't realize how well connected you were. I *am* impressed.

//Walt
Old February 12th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
In article . com,
"twobuddha" wrote:

Get help

That sounds like a threat, Scotty...

Can you afford therapy? No one is marketing a reality pill yet.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 12th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article . com,
Jay Pique wrote:

I think it's just LOL. Possibly LingOL, but definitely NOT LOLing.
Carry on.

Jay Dawg! S'Up? I can't believe anyone would take Usenet seriously.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 12th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Feb 12, 6:32 pm, Walt wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:
In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
Really? You live at a rock climbing gym?

Really. Hawks and I grew up in the same neighborhood. He's Gerry Spence's
Step son. I went to High School with Kent Spence. Brents Hawks owns the
Teton Rock Gym, and I live behind it. Rent free.

zOMFG!!! You know Kent Spense? *AND* Brents Hawks?

Wow, dude, I didn't realize how well connected you were. I *am* impressed.

The parallels are staggering. Did you catch the "rent free" part?
FYI, I get bragging rights to being the first to spot the Abrahamian
nature of Jeff. DAGS if you don't believe me.

JP

Old February 12th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
In article . com,
"twobuddha" wrote:

Get help

That sounds like a threat, Scotty...

Can you afford therapy? No one is marketing a reality pill yet.

Nice snip job. Let's restore the context and try your attempt at a
clever retort again, shall we:

Jeff Davis had the balls to face me and shake my hand. Unlike YOU,
coward. You didn't show up when you had the chance. Of course,

^^^^^^^^^
things would have gone a lot differently if you had, and there

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
certainly wouldn't be a civil and reasonable conversation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
You are insane. Get help

That sounds like a threat, Scotty...

Can you afford therapy? No one is marketing a reality pill yet.

It seems to me that it's the folks who have to snip things in order to
look clever who have the problems with reality, but YMMV.

According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Add a space after the dashes, Jeff, or why bother at all?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed
Old February 12th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
twobuddha wrote:

time to **** with the freaks of rsa, and watch them foam at the mouth.

All you have to do is post here, or be posted about, and the vitreol flies.
Weird. Look how long this thread has become in 48 hours. I was busy with
a photo shoot this weekend, and haven't had the inclination to type a word
on the subject. I'm beginning to see the pattern. Do a little typing
when you're bored. Get tired of typing and go live your life. And nobody
in their right mind takes Usenet News seriously. It's kind of like watching
Baboons jacking off at the Zoo.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."