Playing Janne-Vids on old Mac?

Old February 9th 05, 02:19 PM

Default Playing Janne-Vids on old Mac?

OK, I thought that I couldn't play the Janne-Vids
(ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/) on my old Mac OS 8.6 then I thought I
was somehow able to play them (on the Mac) for awhile. Now I can't
again. (Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.) I just tried my QuickTime
6 and it said a compressor couldn't be found. Is such a thing available
for old Macs? RealPlayer said it needed 92mb of new software then the
uploader shut off. --JP

Old February 9th 05, 02:23 PM
Janne G

OK, I thought that I couldn't play the Janne-Vids
(
ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/) on my old Mac OS 8.6 then I thought I
was somehow able to play them (on the Mac) for awhile. Now I can't
again. (Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.) I just tried my QuickTime
6 and it said a compressor couldn't be found. Is such a thing available
for old Macs? RealPlayer said it needed 92mb of new software then the
uploader shut off. --JP

Hi Jeff
Could these pointers solve your problem?

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~naegelic/index.php
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Video/DivX-Doctor-II.shtml
http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html

I'm not familiar with Mac OS so i don't have an ide of what version
of the os is THE OS in the Mac world, they mention 8.6 and OSX.

Janne G
Old February 9th 05, 03:47 PM

I'll check out those pointers. Anyone else play them on an old Mac?

But, hey, I just tried playing a new one on my PC which has always
happily played Janne-Vids in the past. I think it's up to speed for
DivX or whatever and now it won't play. It says it needs new software
then can't find it or something. Did you change format this year
compared to last?