Guess Atomic didn't want Miller any more.

Old May 3rd 06, 12:27 PM

Default Guess Atomic didn't want Miller any more.

April 22 - Miller signs with Head Skis, Atomic did not want to extend
its two year contract with Miller.
First Nike, then Barilla now Atomic..... Yes this is an "I told you so"
troll. If it smells like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a
duck......then it must be Bodie Miller.

Old May 3rd 06, 02:32 PM

"clarencedarrow" wrote in message
oups.com...
April 22 - Miller signs with Head Skis, Atomic did not want to extend
its two year contract with Miller.
First Nike, then Barilla now Atomic..... Yes this is an "I told you so"
troll. If it smells like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a
duck......then it must be Bodie Miller.

Does that make Head the party skis?

Old May 3rd 06, 02:47 PM

Yeah Mon! I use Head Skis and I have endorsement contracts with Vigoro
Fertilizer, Hair Club for Men and Two Buddha's Gear Shack.
Parrrrrrttttttteeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually do like my Heads but really prefer Scott's Turf Builder.

Old May 3rd 06, 04:01 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10856438/site/newsweek/

Good for Head! My daughter will be delighted, since I just got her
Head's Jr. SL race ski for next year. Nice gear for sure.

"Defining your criteria for success is easier when you suck."

God bless Bode Miller. When he's done, it's our loss.
--
Marty

Old May 3rd 06, 04:06 PM

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_d...hp/3780/ALPINE

Sounds like a good deal to me.
--
Marty

Old May 3rd 06, 04:16 PM

On 3 May 2006 05:27:34 -0700, "clarencedarrow"
wrote:

April 22 - Miller signs with Head Skis, Atomic did not want to extend
its two year contract with Miller.
First Nike, then Barilla now Atomic..... Yes this is an "I told you so"
troll. If it smells like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a
duck......then it must be Bodie Miller.

Head obviously disagree with you :-)
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If I save time, when do I get it back ?
Old May 3rd 06, 04:25 PM

Atomic doesn't. Ask 'em if they paid as much for Miller as Atomic
did. He's been through K2, Fischer, Rossignol and Atomic.

Old May 3rd 06, 04:52 PM

Marty wrote:
http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_d...hp/3780/ALPINE
Sounds like a good deal to me.

During the Olympics, it seemed like Atomics didn't win any of the
downhill events, chattered a lot in the GS events, and slalom racers
sometimes won with them despite the ski. More slalom racers had
Atomic than any other brand.

Dunno about Head, but Atomics don't seem to perform well at speed.
Often I'd see them chattering and thought, "wouldn't want that ski."
Maybe Atomics turn well or shift quickly?

Old May 3rd 06, 05:40 PM

"He's been through K2, Fischer, Rossignol and Atomic"

Yup. And in the end, each of those ski companies has benefited fom
Bode's input on technology development. Head will too. Head has come
on stong in the last several years with great new gear. I'm looking
forward to what they will bring to the table in the next 2 years now
that Bode is there to help.
--
Marty