"Pop" etc

Old October 24th 03, 10:44 AM
Tim Sampson

Default "Pop" etc

Hi

Is there a glossary of terms such as "pop"? I have my own idea about what
words like this mean in relation to board characteristics, but I may be
completely wrong.

Cheers
Tim

Old October 24th 03, 11:59 AM
Switters

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:44:36 GMT, "Tim Sampson"
allegedly wrote:

Is there a glossary of terms such as "pop"? I have my own idea about
what words like this mean in relation to board characteristics, but I
may be completely wrong.

Some terms can be found in the FAQ, section 1.08. Unfortunately pop isn't
one of them, but I do link to another site with more terminology.

Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and therefore
how well it could ollie.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old October 24th 03, 01:12 PM
Tim Sampson

"Switters" wrote in message

Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and therefore
how well it could ollie.

What about snap?

Thanks
Tim

Old October 24th 03, 01:13 PM
Drug Buddy

Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and
therefore how well it could ollie.

And an ollie is transfering weight to your rear foot and using the board's
pop to catch some air. As you might do to catch a quick indy.

heh heh heh, this is like a chain letter - who's gonna define indy?!?

DB

Old October 24th 03, 01:22 PM
Drug Buddy

Tim Sampson wrote:
"Switters" wrote in message

Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and
therefore how well it could ollie.

What about snap?

Thanks
Tim

Isn't snap the way a board reacts edge to edge when turning - as opposed to
pop - being tip to tail? Ye ken.

DB

Old October 24th 03, 03:15 PM
Barney

"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Tim Sampson wrote:
"Switters" wrote in message

Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and
therefore how well it could ollie.

What about snap?

Thanks
Tim

Isn't snap the way a board reacts edge to edge when turning - as opposed

pop - being tip to tail? Ye ken.

What about crackle, then?

Old October 24th 03, 03:17 PM
Barney

"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and
therefore how well it could ollie.

And an ollie is transfering weight to your rear foot and using the board's
pop to catch some air. As you might do to catch a quick indy.

heh heh heh, this is like a chain letter - who's gonna define indy?!?

An indy's a toeside grab. Grab the board between your toes with your rear
hand. I guess someone should define "hand"...

Old October 24th 03, 03:35 PM
Drug Buddy

Isn't snap the way a board reacts edge to edge when turning - as
opposed to pop - being tip to tail? Ye ken.

What about crackle, then?

Crackle is the thing you used to hear at breakfast in the pre-GM days....as
I recall.

DB

Old October 24th 03, 03:46 PM
Drug Buddy

Barney wrote:
"Drug Buddy" wrote in message
Pop basically relates to the amount of "spring" a board has, and
therefore how well it could ollie.

And an ollie is transfering weight to your rear foot and using the
board's pop to catch some air. As you might do to catch a quick indy.

heh heh heh, this is like a chain letter - who's gonna define indy?!?

An indy's a toeside grab. Grab the board between your toes with your
rear hand. I guess someone should define "hand"...

I thought it meant not signed to Sony. Oh no, it's not the 90's anymore! Do
you think anyone has pulled a Backside Morrissey? Jesuz I make myself laugh.
Snow on Lecht anyone?

DB

Old October 24th 03, 04:04 PM
Switters

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:46:04 GMT, "Drug Buddy" allegedly
wrote:

Jesuz I make myself laugh.

You do? How curious.