An Appology to the Newsgroup Liberals

Old September 8th 03, 10:38 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default An Appology to the Newsgroup Liberals

I'm sorry if I offended any of the newsgroup liberals over the past
few days with my opinions on taxes and SUVs. I live in a liberal area
and have a liberal wife who has many liberal friends (they work in
government or academia). I will not offer any more opinions because I
do not want to upset your long held delicate belief systems. I will
say that no one has ever said the kinds of things to me that Jim
Farrell has recently. I think calling me a chicken****, baffoon,
idiot, ignoramus, screed spreader, pap, ad hominen attacker etc on the
newsgroup was ridiculous and shows where he is in life. Of course, no
one on this newsgroup attacked him for using those words. If Jim wants
to say those things to my face, he knows where I live. As for now, I
think I'll take a long, hot shower (even though it's 89F outside).
I'll use my spray on deodorant (at least I use deodorant), then I'll
jump in my Big Chevy Truck and go down to the Dodge dealer. I think
I'll trade my truck in for one of those Dodge Hemi models with all of
the power. Anyway, I digress, time to fire up the backyard smoker, put
some red meat on the grill and pull out my back-issues of Motor Trend,
4 Wheeler and Hot Rodder for some evening entertainment. Lastly, if
you don't find this amusing, I feel real sorry for you. Wait, I
already said that...

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!"
That would be Brian May, Rob Bradlee, the Frontrunner and everyone
else on the newsgroup who is faster than me...
Old September 9th 03, 03:50 PM
sknyski

Wow. You wouldn't survive a week out here in the People's Republic of
California, home of brilliant ideas such as giving driver's licenses
to illegal immigrants and universal health care.

bt
Old September 9th 03, 04:21 PM
John Hart

Jay Tegeder wrote:

I'm sorry if I offended any of the newsgroup liberals over the past
few days with my opinions on taxes and SUVs. I live in a liberal area
and have a liberal wife who has many liberal friends (they work in
government or academia). I will not offer any more opinions because I
do not want to upset your long held delicate belief systems. I will
say that no one has ever said the kinds of things to me that Jim
Farrell has recently. I think calling me a chicken****, baffoon,
idiot, ignoramus, screed spreader, pap, ad hominen attacker etc on the
newsgroup was ridiculous and shows where he is in life. Of course, no
one on this newsgroup attacked him for using those words. If Jim wants
to say those things to my face, he knows where I live. As for now, I
think I'll take a long, hot shower (even though it's 89F outside).

(snip)

WOW, I thought I was reading the rbr newsgroup after getting around to
reading the Kelowa fire thread. Both Jim and Jay were out of line
from the normal decent and respectful posts on this newsgroup.

One thing that I have always disliked is classification into such
categories such as liberal and conservative, but you may call me bald,
an American and a skier. I strongly dislike being called either a
liberal or a conservative since I have very liberal tendencies on some
issues such as the environment and conservative on some other topics.

I propose an on-snow paint ball biathlon, in lycra racing suits, with
each other as the target as a possible suitable way to let Jim and Jay
workout their frustrations with each other. Otherwise it looks like
it is going to be as difficult as teaching evolution to Jerry Falwell.

John, who would probably be a conservative along with Jay on some
issues, if classification is required…, but then I guess that makes me
stupid according to Jim, oh my... I have been called worse things,
but haven't been called stupid for a while, hope I can sleep tonight!