Hugging goals in the stand-around sports...

Old September 9th 03, 12:55 AM
Jeff Potter

Default Hugging goals in the stand-around sports...

Does anyone think it's a little funny how in all the stand-around
ball-sports when anyone makes a point everyone jumps on the guy, hugging
him and such. I'd say the free-love started only maybe 5 years ago.
What's up? Pent up emotions? Is new sports-training building up psych
that much higher than before? I know that sport is a love thing but this
seems a little much.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old September 9th 03, 03:54 PM
andrew bolger

It's been going on in football for a long time but seems to have spread to
cricket more recently. I get the impression that it is a conscious strategy
promoted by sports psychologists and that it works. What's the potential
application for ski-ing? Especially individual ski-ing? or non competitive
skiing??