Did the court order expire?

Old November 3rd 04, 04:27 AM
NowhereMan

Default Did the court order expire?

What changed recently? For a while, this has been an interesting and useful
place to visit.
Now, he's back.
What would happen if not one person responded to his posts? He'd probably
respond to himself, to give the illusion that anyone was paying attention to
him. (I bet his Saturday nights are similar.)
Please, be strong: no matter how inflammatory he gets, ignore it. Ignore
it, and he''ll go away.
And rsa will be a useful and interesting place to visit again.
Cheers.

Old November 3rd 04, 08:32 AM
erwrwe

tm wrote in
:

In article ,
"NowhereMan" wrote:

What changed recently? For a while, this has been an interesting and
useful place to visit.
Now, he's back.
What would happen if not one person responded to his posts? He'd
probably respond to himself, to give the illusion that anyone was
paying attention to him. (I bet his Saturday nights are similar.)
Please, be strong: no matter how inflammatory he gets, ignore it.
Ignore it, and he''ll go away.
And rsa will be a useful and interesting place to visit again.
Cheers.

1. Get a real newsreader.
2. Learn to killfile.
3. HAND

To make the group useful again you have to KF not only the lunatic but
everyone who can't resist poking him. That's a shame, since some of them
post on topic as well. It would be a lot better if anyone thinking of
following up his posts took a deep breath and hit K instead. If we all did
that he'd cease to exist.

Thanks to the OP for making the suggestion in a separate topic, so I could
say this without having to KF myself :-)
Old November 3rd 04, 09:00 AM
Marshall Banana

Also Sprach erwrwe :

To make the group useful again you have to KF not only the lunatic but
everyone who can't resist poking him. That's a shame, since some of them
post on topic as well.

No way. It's my turn to be the Cowboy.

Dan

--
USENET is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and

Old November 4th 04, 06:17 AM
BrritSki

tm wrote:

It's relly quite easy once you get the hang of it. Sorta like learning
magic turds.

I heard about those, keep your hands well forward and maintain a slight
wedge so they don't land on your heels.

Old November 4th 04, 10:01 AM
erwrwe

tm wrote in
:

erwrwe wrote:
tm wrote
"NowhereMan" wrote:

[...]

You're new here, eh?

No, regrettably. Just doing the usual start of season check-in to see
whether anything has changed. I expect I'll leave when the snow arrives in
the Alps. It actually was OK here for a while until Scott came back, but I
really think the people who insist on responding to his posts are part of
the problem too. It's been years, ferchrissakes, haven't you got anything
better to do?
Old November 4th 04, 06:43 PM
Chuck

BrritSki wrote in :

tm wrote:

It's relly quite easy once you get the hang of it. Sorta like learning
magic turds.

I heard about those, keep your hands well forward and maintain a slight
wedge so they don't land on your heels.

Nah, they don't fall, they're magic. But the skier behind you needs to
remember to keep his hands well out in front... so he doesn't get them in
the face.

If there happens to be a snowboarder behind you... oh well.
Old November 5th 04, 12:30 AM
Richard Henry

"tm" wrote in message
tm wrote:
erwrwe wrote:
tm wrote
"NowhereMan" wrote:

[...]

Sorry, typo. That should be "jelly".

What are "jelly turds"?

Old November 5th 04, 12:55 AM
vern93

In article 3JAid.31930$SW3.19183@fed1read01,
"Richard Henry" wrote:

What are "jelly turds"?

Dave's 1st rule of questions:

"Never ask a question that you don't really want answered."

HTH.
Old November 5th 04, 06:40 AM
J. Urrrk

"Richard Henry" wrote:

What are "jelly turds"?

Dave's 1st rule of questions:

"Never ask a question that you don't really want answered."

Unless, of course you are really sure that other people
will want it answered even less than you do.

"Ohh! it's a jelly!"

-J. Urrrk