Rule #1

Old May 18th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Rule #1

The Real Bev wrote:
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

wrote this crap:

.... the neighbors already think I'm kind of weird.

It's not only yer neighbors.

If you have never tested your mettle against the powerful and deceptive
Chinese Elm, your education in warfare is sadly lacking. Had you ever
encountered one in your adventures you would understand the reason for
the ceremony I meantioned. Their roots surely reach hell and their
branches are constantly poised to attack the unwary. They spread their
leaves and seed far and wide and their spawn are everywhere.

Underestimate these evil beings at your peril.

Feh. It's just a tree. Some of us would never cut and run when faced
with a mere tree as an opponent. Trees are easy; for one thing, they
don't run from a fight, unlike some "warriors" of central European
extraction.

A Chinese Elm? What's it going to do, lend you money so that you can
buy worthless crap from it that you'll use once and then throw in the
landfill?

Old May 18th 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Richard Henry wrote:

On May 17, 1:33 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On May 17, 11:17 am, The Real Bev wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:

There's a virus here called "bunchy top" that sounds like what your talking
about. I wonder if Cavendish is the same as apple banana. I'll ask
wikipedia (bleep, bleep, bleepty, bleep. DOOOOP!)

...and not even close and "your" virus is "Panama Disease."

Hmm. I believe at one time the English called syphilis (or maybe gonorrhea)
the French disease while the French called it the English disease. That's
right, always blame the other guy.

Close. It was the French and Italians.

"No sex please - we're British"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Sex_...e%27re_British

Then how do they explain Henry VIII? Unisex jousting?

6 wives, 3 children (not counting the odd *******s).. Doesn't seem to
be much action there.

I suggest that even ONE spawn is proof of some sort of action by a minimum of
two people, negating your stated premise.

--
Cheers, Bev
Bluetooth is especially problematic in San Francisco, because it

Old May 18th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote this crap:

.... the neighbors already think I'm kind of weird.

It's not only yer neighbors.

If you have never tested your mettle against the powerful and deceptive
Chinese Elm, your education in warfare is sadly lacking. Had you ever
encountered one in your adventures you would understand the reason for
the ceremony I meantioned. Their roots surely reach hell and their
branches are constantly poised to attack the unwary. They spread their
leaves and seed far and wide and their spawn are everywhere.

Underestimate these evil beings at your peril.

Feh. It's just a tree. Some of us would never cut and run when faced
with a mere tree as an opponent.

Cutting is easy. Running is easy. Arboreal resurrection is something
completely different.

Trees are easy; for one thing, they
don't run from a fight, unlike some "warriors" of central European
extraction.

Why should they bother to run? They win by merely standing still.

A Chinese Elm? What's it going to do, lend you money so that you can
buy worthless crap from it that you'll use once and then throw in the
landfill?

I can tell that you have never experienced the horror of battle against the
Chinese Elm. Pray you never do. The bad part is that if they're
well-disciplined they appear harmless and even attractive. Turn your back,
however, and they become something else entirely.

--
Cheers, Bev
the day they start making vacuum cleaners." --Ernst Jan Plugge

Old May 18th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Dave Cartman wrote:

There's a virus here called "bunchy top" that sounds like what your talking
about. *I wonder if Cavendish is the same as apple banana. I'll ask
wikipedia (bleep, bleep, bleepty, bleep. DOOOOP!)

...and not even close and "your" virus is "Panama Disease."

Hmm. *I believe at one time the English called syphilis (or maybe gonorrhea)
the French disease while the French called it the English disease. *That's
right, always blame the other guy.

Close. *It was the French and Italians.

"No sex please - we're British"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Sex_...e%27re_British

Then how do they explain Henry VIII? *Unisex jousting?

6 wives, 3 children (not counting the odd *******s).. *Doesn't seem to
be much action *there.

I suggest that even ONE spawn is proof of some sort of action by a minimum of
two people, negating your stated premise.

Logic? I'm sorry, this is usenet. Logic does not apply.

Old May 18th 09, 10:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sun, 17 May 2009 17:43:59 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

If you have never tested your mettle against the powerful and deceptive Chinese
Elm, your education in warfare is sadly lacking. Had you ever encountered one
in your adventures you would understand the reason for the ceremony I
meantioned. Their roots surely reach hell and their branches are constantly
poised to attack the unwary. They spread their leaves and seed far and wide
and their spawn are everywhere.

Underestimate these evil beings at your peril.

They would be no match against a mighty sword, and some rock salt,
little girl.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old May 18th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote this crap:

If you have never tested your mettle against the powerful and deceptive Chinese
Elm, your education in warfare is sadly lacking. Had you ever encountered one
in your adventures you would understand the reason for the ceremony I
meantioned. Their roots surely reach hell and their branches are constantly
poised to attack the unwary. They spread their leaves and seed far and wide
and their spawn are everywhere.

Underestimate these evil beings at your peril.

They would be no match against a mighty sword, and some rock salt,
little girl.

You must not have read my earlier post. Chinese Elms laugh in the face of rock
salt.

At one time I actually did attack the brute with an axe. I mean a big one, not
a puny hatchet. I worked on that stump for at least half an hour, shredding it
to roughly 6 inches below the surface. It came back.

Where do you think the guys who made the first zombie movies got their ideas?
It's just that a resurrected tree isn't as visually arresting as a resurrected
human corpse. BTW, has anybody ever seen a lion or tiger or bear zombie?
They'd probably be a lot more effective at eating the brains of the living.

Union organizer: Now look here, we're working on zombie liberation. When I
yell out "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" you yell "EQUAL RIGHTS!" and when I yell "WHEN DO
WE WANT IT?" you yell "NOWWWWWW!" Got that? OK, let's practice: WHAT DO WE WANT?

Zombie: BRAAAAAAAAAINS...

--
Cheers, Bev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old May 19th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

wrote this crap:

If you have never tested your mettle against the powerful and deceptive Chinese
Elm, your education in warfare is sadly lacking. Had you ever encountered one
in your adventures you would understand the reason for the ceremony I
meantioned. Their roots surely reach hell and their branches are constantly
poised to attack the unwary. They spread their leaves and seed far and wide
and their spawn are everywhere.

Underestimate these evil beings at your peril.

They would be no match against a mighty sword, and some rock salt,
little girl.

You must not have read my earlier post. Chinese Elms laugh in the face of rock
salt.

Nobody laughs in the face of rock salt. Why do you think it is used
to kill demons? little girl.

Old May 19th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote this crap:

If you have never tested your mettle against the powerful and deceptive Chinese
Elm, your education in warfare is sadly lacking. Had you ever encountered one
in your adventures you would understand the reason for the ceremony I
meantioned. Their roots surely reach hell and their branches are constantly
poised to attack the unwary. They spread their leaves and seed far and wide
and their spawn are everywhere.

Underestimate these evil beings at your peril.

They would be no match against a mighty sword, and some rock salt,
little girl.

You must not have read my earlier post. Chinese Elms laugh in the face of rock
salt.

Nobody laughs in the face of rock salt. Why do you think it is used
to kill demons? little girl.

sigh Very well, but I wash my hands of responsibility for your well-being. I
have done my best to warn you of the danger, but if you insist on ignoring my
advice you must bear the consequences.

BTW, my daughter's name is Cassandra. She has similar problems with mortals.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?"
Old May 19th 09, 10:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Mon, 18 May 2009 18:51:35 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Nobody laughs in the face of rock salt. Why do you think it is used
to kill demons? little girl.

sigh Very well, but I wash my hands of responsibility for your well-being. I
have done my best to warn you of the danger, but if you insist on ignoring my
advice you must bear the consequences.

I live a life of action, adventure, and danger. Danger is my middle
name. They call me, "Horvie Danger Horvath." I'm off to battle sea
monsters, win races, ant to free the Indianapolis 500, right after I'm
done golfing.

Old June 2nd 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_3_]

On 5/14/2009 11:35 PM, twobuddha wrote:
On May 14, 3:22 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In ,

wrote:
On May 13, 3:42 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
You couldn't join if you tried. Haven't you seen the movie yet? JK
screened it at Sundance last January.
I saw it. Only check out two flicks while I was there. Phenomenal.

I end up staying in Salt Lake for that shindig. Man, that little church
on 5th is a fvcking zoo for Sundance, isn't it?

The whole ****ing town is a ****ing zoo. More poseurs than this
********.
Skiing is great, though, very few of them come out.
Spent a day giving a lesson to a lovely documentary filmaker from San
Francisco.
Got introduced to Bob on Friday night and he recognized me from ten
years ago. Impressd the hell out of my date.
I ever tell you the story of skiing with him at Sundance? The
mountain, not the festival.

Hi Scott, haven't been reading RSA for awhile, I see you're still
pathetically dropping names as usual. Tell me, did you ever give any
official comment on the shutdown of your Ebay store?

Dave