In search of either new or used Crosskates.

Old April 20th 04, 12:56 AM
Rebecca Hartman

Default In search of either new or used Crosskates.

For a majority of my life I have been a trail runner. Although I have
always loved running, my true passion has become cross country skiing.
Years of ultra running have left me with recurrent injuries, and I
have found that skiing leaves me feeling considerbly better. Now that
the snow is coming to an end, I am finding that I am desperate to find
a way to create this same motion in the summer. My search for such an
activity has led me to Crosskates, although I can not find them
anywhere, and it seems that they have been out of production for at
least six months. I am drawn to Crosskates because they enable you to
be off road. My love for my animals precludes me from even
considering being on paved roads (cars, and their paws)and even if I
did not have my animals I still would prefer to be off road. If
anyone has any Crosskates that they are interested in selling, or
knows where I may be able to find new Crosskates I would be incredibly
appreciative. I am also intersted in hearing from those of you that
have Crosskates and what you think of them. I wear a women's size 7
to 7 1/2. Thanks so much for any advice! Rebecca

Old April 20th 04, 02:00 AM
Edward Dike, III

"Diva" wrote in message
| What are crossskates, Rebecca?

http://www.adventurebound.ca/index.html

ED3

Old April 20th 04, 02:31 AM
Diva

Thanks ED3. Those are really cool. Too expensive for me, though.

June

Old April 20th 04, 04:39 PM
Serge

With "Crossskate" defunct you chance to find a pair is relatively
slim.

I've known about them for couple of years but never read unbiased
review.
Judging by design they should work albeit they are very heavy for
any considerable hill.

There is alternative you might try to find:
Rollerblade "Coyote" inline skates that are somewhat similar (three
huge wheels) designed for off road use with skiing poles.
The only review I know was in FASST magazine last year.
People did portion of Appalachian trail on them.

There are "off road" rollerskis but I've never used them and there are
people who would update you on them soon. You can use your ski boots
and
bindings and even poles which is attractive cost wise.
Two models I know of: Elpex and Jenex.

If I where you, I would've get Elpex frame and Jenex(pneumatic)
wheels for off road.

Good luck.
Old April 24th 04, 06:48 AM

See on Ebay, men's size 6.5 Crosskate boots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

and Crosskate skates:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Old April 25th 04, 11:57 PM